S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Bluetooth issues...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth issues...

All,

Every time I place a call while my iPhone 4s is connected via car's bluetooth and choose to talk through the phone instead of through the car, it automatically switches to the car when a person on another line answers. Even if you choose again for the handset to be the source, 30-40 seconds later it switches back to the car’s Bluetooth. In another scenario, when I have aftermarket bluetooth connected to my phone, again, the phone switches to the car as a headset. This gets to be annoying, especially when I get on an important conference call where I am trying to minimize the background noise.
In comparison, in My wife's Infiniti, once you select to use phone, unless I choose to speak via car's bluetooth, it stays on the handset. Easy and simple…

Please let me know if this is me or other people experience this.
My software version is P0566 and Nav version is 5.6.5
Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Why not just turn bluetooth off on the phone when you don't want to use the MMI?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ellisinA4
All,

Every time I place a call while my iPhone 4s is connected via car's bluetooth and choose to talk through the phone instead of through the car, it automatically switches to the car when a person on another line answers. Even if you choose again for the handset to be the source, 30-40 seconds later it switches back to the car’s Bluetooth. In another scenario, when I have aftermarket bluetooth connected to my phone, again, the phone switches to the car as a headset. This gets to be annoying, especially when I get on an important conference call where I am trying to minimize the background noise.
In comparison, in My wife's Infiniti, once you select to use phone, unless I choose to speak via car's bluetooth, it stays on the handset. Easy and simple…

Please let me know if this is me or other people experience this.
My software version is P0566 and Nav version is 5.6.5
Are you using the steering wheel controls to make or answer the calls? If so, then I think this is how it is designed to work since it assumes you want to use the car for the calls. If you use the actual phone to dial the number, then it will default to the phone and not the car. At least that is how I believe mine works.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wait, you can select to answer with the phone versus the car? Mine doesn't give me the option. What am I missing?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by S4thrills
Are you using the steering wheel controls to make or answer the calls? If so, then I think this is how it is designed to work since it assumes you want to use the car for the calls. If you use the actual phone to dial the number, then it will default to the phone and not the car. At least that is how I believe mine works.
I don't believe that's the case. If my phone's Bluetooth is paired to the car and I use the phone to dial, the audio comes over the car's speakers and the car's mic unless I change the handsfree setting in the phone to use its own speaker and mic.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I don't believe that's the case. If my phone's Bluetooth is paired to the car and I use the phone to dial, the audio comes over the car's speakers and the car's mic unless I change the handsfree setting in the phone to use its own speaker and mic.
I stand corrected. Just tried it in my car and it does seem to default to the car answering every time unless I manually change the source on my iPhone.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The whole point is that if I choose to use phone vs car, I want it to stay with the choice I made instead if switching back and forth. I can easily turn Bluetooth off, and I have been doing this, but listening to audiobooks and music via iPhone becomes cumbersome when u keep having to turn Bluetooth on and off. Also, when music is blasting, I do not want to miss calls. I know that snagitseven will say "just turn the music down" or something... Just trying to see if everyone's mmi works this way or I may need mmi update to get it fixed. As I said, in my wife's Infiniti it is simple and consistent ... And no, I am not switching to Infiniti for any reason.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ellisinA4
The whole point is that if I choose to use phone vs car, I want it to stay with the choice I made instead if switching back and forth. I can easily turn Bluetooth off, and I have been doing this, but listening to audiobooks and music via iPhone becomes cumbersome when u keep having to turn Bluetooth on and off. Also, when music is blasting, I do not want to miss calls. I know that snagitseven will say "just turn the music down" or something... Just trying to see if everyone's mmi works this way or I may need mmi update to get it fixed. As I said, in my wife's Infiniti it is simple and consistent ... And no, I am not switching to Infiniti for any reason.
Is there ever a point at which you would want to use the car speakers to make/take your calls? If not, then you can use the AMI to iPhone plug to play your music and don't use the BT. Then all of your calls have to be taken on the phone (or BT headset if you have one).

Otherwise, I think the way yours works is how mine works.