S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Fuel line recall - 2 days?

Old 12-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel line recall - 2 days?

Just took my S6 in to have the fuel line recall performed. The dealer gave me a story about Audi requiring the parts to be ordered on a case-by-case basis, so they will have to keep the car overnight for the parts to arrive. I asked why they couldn't have just order by VIN once I scheduled the service but was told Audi 'required' them to have the car in shop before they would ship the parts.

Has anyone else run into this issue or am I getting fed some line of BS?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default That's BS

My dealer ordered everything ahead of time. They already know the parts. It was a long service since they fix a number of things, but certainly not 2 days.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I scheduled the recall approximately 1.5 weeks in advance, and it took around 4-5 hours to complete on the day I dropped off the car.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My car was due for it's 15K service and they ordered the fuel line ahead of time. They did say the order required they submit a VIN which puts priority on the order, and the part took a couple of days to arrive.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Its BS. They order as soon as you give your VIN and they confirm the recall. It took 4 days for the part to arrive so I wouldn't put my car in for that long just to wait on parts.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I made an appointment the day before I went in and they did mine, along with the other updates, by the end of the day.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

my car was one of the first to go, back in july the line popped. my car was stuck at a SD dealer for 1 week. I got another letter saying that I needed to have the redesigned line installed recently, I made an appointment by phone and they ordered everything a week ahead of time. so ive had my line replaced 2 times, once before the recalled it and a second time after they made the new part. unless you dealer is next to audi na's warehouse, I highly doubt they can get the line in 1 day, maybe theyre just buying time to work on the car or the techs slow.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had my '14 done a month ago. Was suppose to be in and out in 3 hours, but it took them 2 says. After the fuel line change, had problems with getting the right pressure and had to replace the fuel pump. As others have noted, the performance seems more tame and not nearly as responsive, but I'm sure this is due to the SW upgrade.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I took my car in for the repair and the dealer did not have the parts yet, but I was one of the first (if not THE first) S6 people to get it.

They had my car for 2 days, so I had to drive around in a new A4 with a leafblower for a motor. Damn car almost got me killed when merging onto the highway. I got stuck next to 2 semi-trailers that were blocking me from entering, so I gunned it thinking I could just overtake them. Fat chance in an A4.... I barely made it.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My understanding is that when Audi was still doping out how many and which cars were affected they initially provided parts only for affected cars on dealer lots (which could not legally be sold prior to the corrective work). Subsequent to the formal recall letter (see other posts for date), Audi had apparently caught up a bit and was providing parts as requested.

I can only assume that your dealer is behind the curve. My dealer scheduled my recall/replace for the day after the recall letter. The actual work (one of the lines all the way back and the two new clamps/yoke) is/was two hours in competent hands.

I know my dealer contacted Audi immediately following my alerting them to one of the initial fuel line posts on this forum, and perhaps that gave them an edge. Competence counts, which is one reason I buy lunch for service and parts a few times each year.

FWIW.

Oh and, Happy Holidays!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel line recall - 2 days?