S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Centric brake pad review

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centric brake pad review

Ok, so the weather has improved enough for me to comment on dust production from my Centric brake pads. Basically, it's similar to OEM. Maybe slightly improved but not much. Not too suprising since they're metallic. Performance is also similar to OEM (which is great). So in the end, I probably wasted a bit of cash on these and will upgrade to ceramic pads when someone gets around to releasing them.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update. I was considering swapping mine when I have my front calipers removed and sprayed red in about 4 weeks. Now that I know they still dust, I can save some pennies. Ceramic is really the way to go.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Shoot. I had high hopes. I've owned a bunch of German cars, and I think this S6 might have the dustiest front pads of the lot. It seems I clean my wheels and pulling back into the garage, the front wheels are already dirty again!

I like the stock pedal feel, modulation and general performance envelope, so hopefully someone makes a pad that performs similarly but either dusts less or at least dusts pale grey so it doesn't look so awful so quickly.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Just purchased my first bottle of Sonax wheel cleaner.

That stuff actually works. I was very impressed.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Just purchased my first bottle of Sonax wheel cleaner.

That stuff actually works. I was very impressed.
I buy that stuff by the case. I actually pour into a new bottle with a better spray nozzle [I use a chemical guys 16 oz] because it works best/uses the most efficient amount of product when sprayed as a fine mist.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DNGRTOM
I buy that stuff by the case. I actually pour into a new bottle with a better spray nozzle [I use a chemical guys 16 oz] because it works best/uses the most efficient amount of product when sprayed as a fine mist.
YES! That was my only complaint. The spray nozzle didn't spray a wide enough mist, so I was definitely wasting product trying to get decent coverage.

Going to find a better spray bottle now.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
YES! That was my only complaint. The spray nozzle didn't spray a wide enough mist, so I was definitely wasting product trying to get decent coverage.

Going to find a better spray bottle now.
I tried a cheap one from Target and the liquid corroded the whole thing, that's what attracted me to the Chemical Guys product. 7 months now and no signs of failure:
Amazon Amazon
Old 03-20-2014, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mik34
Ok, so the weather has improved enough for me to comment on dust production from my Centric brake pads. Basically, it's similar to OEM. Maybe slightly improved but not much. Not too suprising since they're metallic. Performance is also similar to OEM (which is great). So in the end, I probably wasted a bit of cash on these and will upgrade to ceramic pads when someone gets around to releasing them.
Not surprised that there wasn't much improved since they were metallic. However still had hope there would be a product currently available which would help with the dust.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DNGRTOM
I tried a cheap one from Target and the liquid corroded the whole thing, that's what attracted me to the Chemical Guys product. 7 months now and no signs of failure: http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-...ical+guys+16oz
Ordered.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey gents try this one too. Big I mean BIG product saver. Especially when it comes to wheel & tire cleaners and the residence time.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical..._p/acc_135.htm

I also had a link for a hand pressure sprayer tip. If I come across it I will share it as well.

Quick Reply: Centric brake pad review