S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

AWE vs. Milltek Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<<<@!1!@>>>

Zack, thanks -- it sounds much better now that I've put 1000 miles on it. Though I think 5-10% louder would be nice.

Here's a bonus one...

Old 06-06-2014, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Teaser Pic Stock System w/3rd Muffler Delete

Sound is amazing and car is transformed by this simple mod. If your undecided in what aftermarket direction is right for you, this may be a good middle ground till you figure it out

Last edited by FAST4DR S6; 06-09-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RettlerT
current47 - Your Milltek exhaust, it has the front and rear silencers without the center silencer correct? Did you get the valve delete plug?
Any drone or other unwanted side effects? I still haven't pulled the trigger on an exhaust but I'm leaning towards Milltek.
No drone so far. I really like this exhaust; it's deep and not obnoxious (you can tell that it's there and sounds throaty, but not screaming in your face). The only drawback is that I find it needs just a touch more so I think I will get the valve delete plug to see if that helps. Not really sure exactly what it does (manual open of valves??) Can someone explain??

I found this on another site..

http://www.millteksport.com/images/press/39.pdf
Old 06-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by current47
No drone so far. I really like this exhaust; it's deep and not obnoxious (you can tell that it's there and sounds throaty, but not screaming in your face). The only drawback is that I find it needs just a touch more so I think I will get the valve delete plug to see if that helps. Not really sure exactly what it does (manual open of valves??) Can someone explain??

I found this on another site..

http://www.millteksport.com/images/press/39.pdf
You already have the valve delete plug installed if you have MIlltek.

The stock exhaust has valves that open when in dynamic (or individual with dynamic exhaust setting).

To avoid having a soft fault thrown Milltek exhausts ship with plugs that go into the stock plugs to fake them into thinking there are valves there.

If you want to make tweaks to your current Milltek setup the only option you'll really have is to do something with your downpipes (resonators) or perhaps the rear mufflers.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Xtek
You already have the valve delete plug installed if you have MIlltek.

The stock exhaust has valves that open when in dynamic (or individual with dynamic exhaust setting).

To avoid having a soft fault thrown Milltek exhausts ship with plugs that go into the stock plugs to fake them into thinking there are valves there.

If you want to make tweaks to your current Milltek setup the only option you'll really have is to do something with your downpipes (resonators) or perhaps the rear mufflers.
Thanks very much for your response. Actually, I got the same response from the shop that put the Milltek system in just today. Do you have any suggestions or know of any successful setup's?

My guy suggested down pipe with high flow cats or cat less. Not exactly sure pro's and con's of either, but if anyone has any experience or successful examples, your comments are most welcome.

Cheers...
Old 06-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by current47
Thanks very much for your response. Actually, I got the same response from the shop that put the Milltek system in just today. Do you have any suggestions or know of any successful setup's?

My guy suggested down pipe with high flow cats or cat less. Not exactly sure pro's and con's of either, but if anyone has any experience or successful examples, your comments are most welcome.

Cheers...
HFC or catless will require a ECU retune and a cat delete code since your car will throw faults when the O2 sensor notices you don't have any. It'll make it sound better but I don't know of anyone who offers either cat code delete or ECU tune for HFCs yet.

Removing the rear mufflers will make it LOUD AS HELL with probably drone in the 1500-1700 RPM range.

Have you had your exhaust for 1000 miles yet? They tend to break in a bit.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Xtek
HFC or catless will require a ECU retune and a cat delete code since your car will throw faults when the O2 sensor notices you don't have any. It'll make it sound better but I don't know of anyone who offers either cat code delete or ECU tune for HFCs yet.

Removing the rear mufflers will make it LOUD AS HELL with probably drone in the 1500-1700 RPM range.

Have you had your exhaust for 1000 miles yet? They tend to break in a bit.
I ended up going with the milltek high flow cats and downpipes (a little expensive, but don't want to mess with inspection issues down the road). I will post a before and after. Parts on order. Stay tuned. Thanks everyone!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Have Milltek on mine and love it! Everyone compliments it and it is awesome on start up and heavy acceleration, when cruising you can barely hear it, which works out well for me when I drive late at night and don't want to annoy neighbors with my noise .
Old 08-11-2014, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Taylor Shaw
Have Milltek on mine and love it! Everyone compliments it and it is awesome on start up and heavy acceleration, when cruising you can barely hear it, which works out well for me when I drive late at night and don't want to annoy neighbors with my noise .
Do you have resonated or non-resonated
Old 10-20-2014, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Vijay
I would consider MTM, ABT or Supersprint before either AWE or Milltek.
Awe milltek and magnaflow are the only options available

Quick Reply: AWE vs. Milltek Exhaust