Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - Present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 270667

Default Audio Upgrade- San Francisco Recommendations

Dear All,

I have just purchased a new S6 with the Bose sound system and I would like to get this upgraded to a superior audio system. Do any of you know a top-notch place in San Francisco that can do this without interfering with the other functionality of the audio system (e.g., voice recognition or noise reduction)?

Thank you!
ptsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 270462

+1

I need to upgrade the Bose in my 2014 A6. Can't believe they put this crap in such a great car.
AudioBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 22753

You might want to try posting in the AW North Calif discussion forum

http://forums.audiworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 13y/49K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:29 AM   #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 244666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsman View Post
Dear All,

I have just purchased a new S6 with the Bose sound system and I would like to get this upgraded to a superior audio system. Do any of you know a top-notch place in San Francisco that can do this without interfering with the other functionality of the audio system (e.g., voice recognition or noise reduction)?

Thank you!

You might want to check out my build log, as I just recently completed a full system install in my 2013 S6 with Bose.
I can also provide you with the wiring diagrams your installers will need.

I never had any issues with the noise cancellation or voice recognition. None whatsoever. Also no fault codes or errors.
We were very surprised not to have any issues with the noise cancellation because I had done so much research on it and really thought it would be an issue. My installers have seen many other brands of car with noise cancellation and they had to disconnect the microphones on them. But my car did not have any problem.

2013 Audi S6 SQ Audio Build

2013 Audi S6 - Audio System Upgrade

Will be happy to speak with you here in the forums, by private message, or even by phone call if you like.

I would ask around at www.diymobileaudio.com for info on installers. You are fortunate that California has a lot of good audio shops that work on high-end cars. California and Florida are the two best places to be for mobile audio.

Audio System
Audison BitOne DSP
Audison Voce AV5.1k amplifer
Eric Stevens Audio Ultra horns (HLCD)
Beyma 8G40 midbass
Dynaudio Esotar 1200 subwoofers (trunk baffle)

Other Mods
Bel STiR Plus, Blinder HP-905, BlackVue dash cams (front and rear), Black Optics grill, Window trim wrapped in gloss black vinyl, Rear and side emblems/badges painted matte black, LLumar ceramic tint (15% rear, 30% sides, AirBlue front)

Last edited by subterFUSE; 04-08-2014 at 02:40 AM.
subterFUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 270667

Thank you very much! I would be delighted to speak with you. How do I reach you

Best,

Philip
ptsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 244666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsman View Post
Thank you very much! I would be delighted to speak with you. How do I reach you

Best,

Philip
You have a private message.

Audio System
Audison BitOne DSP
Audison Voce AV5.1k amplifer
Eric Stevens Audio Ultra horns (HLCD)
Beyma 8G40 midbass
Dynaudio Esotar 1200 subwoofers (trunk baffle)

Other Mods
Bel STiR Plus, Blinder HP-905, BlackVue dash cams (front and rear), Black Optics grill, Window trim wrapped in gloss black vinyl, Rear and side emblems/badges painted matte black, LLumar ceramic tint (15% rear, 30% sides, AirBlue front)

subterFUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement