S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Audi Care math

Old 01-21-2014, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by CreoS4
Depending on the warranty work, I can always have the car reverted back to stock before bringing it in. If there are no problems with the car, then there is no point for me to get flagged in Audi's system.
If the only thing that shows on your carfax is warranty work done on the car and no service intervals, you will get a wake up call when it comes to trade value.

We get customers who try to trade cars and there is a gap of service history because they had it done at an "independent". Well, trade value is lower because anyone who is buying that car will see that and wont want to pay for a car without history.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DD1546
...He said that that Stasis was coming out with an S6 tune in the next couple of months and the dealership would handle all issues related to warranty work, either through Audi or Stasis. If that's true, the tune may be worth it because I couldn't handle the warranty issues with aftermarket tunes. He talked about over 500 hp and he said prices usually run in the $1800 range. Comments?

I have been watching the APR and GIAC tune threads, and there has not been any news about a Statis tune pending. Are you sure this information is accurate?

/hijack
Old 01-21-2014, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
If the only thing that shows on your carfax is warranty work done on the car and no service intervals, you will get a wake up call when it comes to trade value.
Hasn't been an issue with with any of the 7+ cars I've owned/traded in over the last 10 years. My 2011 S4 was also maintained by an independent shop, and the Audi dealer gave me the full trade-in value that I was seeking. However, I also keep the maintenance receipts on file (which I've never been asked for).
Old 01-21-2014, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4

We get customers who try to trade cars and there is a gap of service history because they had it done at an "independent". Well, trade value is lower because anyone who is buying that car will see that and wont want to pay for a car without history.
And if a customer provides copies of invoices to show that the scheduled services were done, shouldn't that mitigate any concerns for a future buyer and avoid a drop in value? The service and warranty booklet even states that service by the dealer is not a warranty requirement but recommends the scheduled maintenance be done. I would have no problem with a properly maintained previously owned car if there was proof the work was done at the proper intervals, regardless of where it was performed.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor
I have been watching the APR and GIAC tune threads, and there has not been any news about a Statis tune pending. Are you sure this information is accurate?

/hijack
When I ordered my Stasis RSB a month ago, I was told the same thing. However it sounds like they will only be offering a 91 tune and not a 93. Probably to keep HP lower and lower the risk of problems.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor

/hijack
The dealer rep made the statement but I can't verify. He put me on a waiting list.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just to throw on my finance hat - you're getting the discount due to putting money up front. As with all things money related, they did this for a reason, as you are not only assuming that you won't crash your car before you fully utilize the service, but the money you put down now wouldn't have made more money invested elsewhere like in the stock market.

Simple math says that with inflation (~2% in the US) and a 7-10% average return on the stock market, you'd expect money today will appreciate 12% every year (given a healthy stock market). Compound this over the period of the service terms and you'll find that you're saving much less than 64%.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wolf101
Just to throw on my finance hat - you're getting the discount due to putting money up front. As with all things money related, they did this for a reason, as you are not only assuming that you won't crash your car before you fully utilize the service, but the money you put down now wouldn't have made more money invested elsewhere like in the stock market.

Simple math says that with inflation (~2% in the US) and a 7-10% average return on the stock market, you'd expect money today will appreciate 12% every year (given a healthy stock market). Compound this over the period of the service terms and you'll find that you're saving much less than 64%.
WOW! Glad I got them to throw mine in for free then, LOL.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
WOW! Glad I got them to throw mine in for free then, LOL.
As I've written previously, there's a cost to the dealer for AC (about 90% of retail). The "free" AC cost is equivalent to getting a further discount on the car's selling price. In other words, one could theoretically get the same discount on the purchase price equal to the cost of AC without it. Unfortunately, nothing is free.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

They told me their cost of Audi Care was around $600 or so and I know it's like getting more cash off of the car. Still better than just hats and floor mats as long as you plan on getting service from the dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Care math