S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2017 S6: I'm in love.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 S6: I'm in love.

I have had my 2017 S6 for a month now (bought CPO with 7000 miles), and I must say it's the best car I've ever owned. My C6 Z06 may be up for sale soon since I can hammer in the S6 rain or shine. (I do love that manual tranny and 3.5 0-60 speed though). The Z06 is a fair weather only car and the S6 is my daily driver. The S6 is a beast when you want it, and a beauty all the time. Anyway, hello to all from Northern California.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:25 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Congrats, get a tune and the S6 will do 3.5 0-60 in the rain.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gk1
Congrats, get a tune and the S6 will do 3.5 0-60 in the rain.
Lol, I totally believe it. It's like driving on rails.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are great cars. I have a BMW 540i and just sold my 2017 M3. I loved the raw performance of the M3, but literally NOBODY wanted to ride in my M3. Just a handful of close friends. My wife would complain everytime. For over 80K it was a joke. I feel I have the same performance, way more space, and like you said, it's on rails plus the AWD! I just got mine as well. I ordered some lighter weight Vorsteiner FF103 wheels 20 x 9. I can use the stock tires since it came with that sport package. Odd the S6 has a sport package lol. If you want a tune down the line, my company has one coming out in a few weeks. I have it on mine now and it's great. Just want to do some more testing and higher boost maps but either way enjoy. It's good because its removable and doesn't void your warranty. It's Burger Motorsports but it's best to just see my Instagram since it's not on the website yet. We have done BMW's for years and Audi's but since I fell in love with the S6 I convinced them to make a tune for it. Instagram@The_trop_stop Congrats on the ride. Hey you should get one of those OBDeleven bluetooth tools. They are cool. You plug it in the OBD port and download an app on your phone. Then you can add a laptimer on the display on your back screen and display a boost gauge. It's a European option that it basically unlocks. It has a lot of options. Fun little toy. Obdeleven.com I don't sell them or anything just bought it and loved it! Wanted to share with a fellow new owner 👍
Old 02-18-2019, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Audifan1021
They are great cars. I have a BMW 540i and just sold my 2017 M3. I loved the raw performance of the M3, but literally NOBODY wanted to ride in my M3. Just a handful of close friends. My wife would complain everytime. For over 80K it was a joke. I feel I have the same performance, way more space, and like you said, it's on rails plus the AWD! I just got mine as well. I ordered some lighter weight Vorsteiner FF103 wheels 20 x 9. I can use the stock tires since it came with that sport package. Odd the S6 has a sport package lol. If you want a tune down the line, my company has one coming out in a few weeks. I have it on mine now and it's great. Just want to do some more testing and higher boost maps but either way enjoy. It's good because its removable and doesn't void your warranty. It's Burger Motorsports but it's best to just see my Instagram since it's not on the website yet. We have done BMW's for years and Audi's but since I fell in love with the S6 I convinced them to make a tune for it. Instagram@The_trop_stop Congrats on the ride. Hey you should get one of those OBDeleven bluetooth tools. They are cool. You plug it in the OBD port and download an app on your phone. Then you can add a laptimer on the display on your back screen and display a boost gauge. It's a European option that it basically unlocks. It has a lot of options. Fun little toy. Obdeleven.com I don't sell them or anything just bought it and loved it! Wanted to share with a fellow new owner 👍
I've now driven 2500 miles, andI'm having a blast. I'll check out your recommendations!
Old 02-18-2019, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, do you have the dynamic suspension on your 540i? Mine does, and it makes a huge positive difference in ride and handling, though it is devoid of road feel and engine sound. I love my S6, but repairs are crazy expensive.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for testers on S6/S7 JB4 tune

Yes I do have the dynamic suspension on my 540i. It has the M-Sport package so I believe it has the M-sport brakes and suspension as well with the dynamic as an add-on. I know my M3 had it, but that car had zero "comfort" mode. At least the 540i on comfort is liveable for passengers. But agreed, the G30 BMW 540i is a bit numb on steering feedback. It's an artificial feel of heaviness. The new G20 3 series addressed all that. Just happy to have the S6 to switch to. My 540 has become my wife's car really. And she complains it's too rough lol. By the way we are looking for testers now for the JB4 tunes. If you are interested email George@Burgertuning.com let him know you get his name on Audiworld from Jeff T. (Audifan1021) lol. We normally get a few beta testers out running before we release to the public. I've been testing mine for over 3 months at least. George cam explain the details. I know a few went out but I'm pretty sure he is looking for another few S6/S7 owners. We will look to further develop this but need a high demand first to justify the R&D on the next step on accessing other parts of the engine and will be costly. I believe this is a very popular motor and it will sell very well. So it's a matter of time. As is, my S6 is much faster then stock. With the 1/4 mile tiles to prove.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audifan1021
Yes I do have the dynamic suspension on my 540i. It has the M-Sport package so I believe it has the M-sport brakes and suspension as well with the dynamic as an add-on. I know my M3 had it, but that car had zero "comfort" mode. At least the 540i on comfort is liveable for passengers. But agreed, the G30 BMW 540i is a bit numb on steering feedback. It's an artificial feel of heaviness. The new G20 3 series addressed all that. Just happy to have the S6 to switch to. My 540 has become my wife's car really. And she complains it's too rough lol. By the way we are looking for testers now for the JB4 tunes. If you are interested email George@Burgertuning.com let him know you get his name on Audiworld from Jeff T. (Audifan1021) lol. We normally get a few beta testers out running before we release to the public. I've been testing mine for over 3 months at least. George cam explain the details. I know a few went out but I'm pretty sure he is looking for another few S6/S7 owners. We will look to further develop this but need a high demand first to justify the R&D on the next step on accessing other parts of the engine and will be costly. I believe this is a very popular motor and it will sell very well. So it's a matter of time. As is, my S6 is much faster then stock. With the 1/4 mile tiles to prove.
I'll hit up George since I'm not happy with EPL and contemplating going with APR.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah my A6 was totaled a couple weeks ago when a kid T-boned my in an intersection. I walked away fine, car not so much. Just this weekend I picked up an S6 and my god I love it!
Old 03-18-2019, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm only going to have my S6 for a few more days. This got me thinking: It is by far the best Audi I've ever owned. I'm not even sure it's close. My wife drives the RS5, and I'll take it occasionally. While the RS5 feels a little faster, and definitely a little more nimble (light on its feet)... the growl of the stock S6, combined with the comfort and features make it an all-time top pick for me. While the 5 is more visually striking on the outside, the 6 is just edgy enough while being totally coy about its power. People would assume the S5 cost a ton of money when they'd ask about it at gas stations or in drive-through. I never get that w/ the S6.

The S8 was always the car I thought I'd drive into my old age... but the current S6 has the same space as the S8 of my youth. While the S8+ always tempted me, it seemed overkill to the point that I'd rather have had the RS7 for the money.

However, the killer feature that puts the 6,7,8 eons beyond the 5 is the B&O stereo. If you don't have it (or didn't go custom), you wasted your money. Early last summer, the local dealer let me take an RS5 for a weekend, in hopes I'd take it off their hands. While it's slightly more fun to drive, though less comfortable, but with cooler dashboard... the difference in stereo quality (both having their top-end options) was enough to make me pass on the RS5 and keep my S6. The B&O is the best stock stereo on the market for any mfg.

Needless to say, we ended up with an RS5, anyway... the wife wanted a fun summer car. She's also deaf (literally).
  • Fast as you'll ever want
  • Handles as well as the smaller S5 / S4 in turns (surprising)
  • The sound (of the exhaust)!
  • The sound (of the stereo)!
  • The smoothness of which it does it all...
I personally think it's the worlds greatest daily driver. (If you prefer a fastback, the S7 is basically the same car to me)

... why, you ask, might I be trading it for an eTron? I like to try new things. While I love Elon Musk. I hate Tesla (possible exception for new roadster). Tesla quality is crap. It feels like a gadjet. I want to at least try to own 1 all-electric. When the eTron was announced it seemed like the perfect place to start. And when they announced the twin-turbo V8 will be back for years to come, I knew I wouldn't be giving up the fun permanently.

Quick Reply: 2017 S6: I'm in love.