S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2014 S6 C7 Service Position -doesn't seem to make much room?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 S6 C7 Service Position -doesn't seem to make much room?

Anyone have advice on how to put 2014 S6 into service position? I've taken off the front bumper/headlights. I've watched the video to put an A6 into service position and followed the steps; took out the 3 bolts on each side of the crash frame and unbolted the top rail from the chassis. But this only allows the top to slump forward about 2-3 inches, it seems like there is still something attached at the bottom that is preventing the entire unit from sliding out. I'm guessing maybe there are some extra hoses or something on the 4.0T engine that are not on the A6? I really can't find any videos or instructions specific to the S6 on the web anywhere. I'm trying to replace the oil separator as I got the loud whistling noise issue and when I take the oil cap off it goes away and there is clearly suction with the oil cap off. I don't want to just randomly pull hoses as I've already made enough of a mess with coolant leaking all over my garage from the hoses on the top of the engine...

Also, is the charge air cooler housing really only held in by the 6 bolts in the front of the plastic "wings" at positions 1&6 below? I've already taken the bolts out of spots 2&3. Just wondering how much tugging it will take once all these bolts are removed vs. trying to find other stuff it is attached to that is hanging it up.

Old 04-25-2024, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mdown14
Anyone have advice on how to put 2014 S6 into service position? I've taken off the front bumper/headlights. I've watched the video to put an A6 into service position and followed the steps; took out the 3 bolts on each side of the crash frame and unbolted the top rail from the chassis. But this only allows the top to slump forward about 2-3 inches, it seems like there is still something attached at the bottom that is preventing the entire unit from sliding out. I'm guessing maybe there are some extra hoses or something on the 4.0T engine that are not on the A6? I really can't find any videos or instructions specific to the S6 on the web anywhere. I'm trying to replace the oil separator as I got the loud whistling noise issue and when I take the oil cap off it goes away and there is clearly suction with the oil cap off. I don't want to just randomly pull hoses as I've already made enough of a mess with coolant leaking all over my garage from the hoses on the top of the engine...

Also, is the charge air cooler housing really only held in by the 6 bolts in the front of the plastic "wings" at positions 1&6 below? I've already taken the bolts out of spots 2&3. Just wondering how much tugging it will take once all these bolts are removed vs. trying to find other stuff it is attached to that is hanging it up.

its not just 6 bolts, its bolted down in the valley near the pcv as well.

And service position will give you just enough room to get it out but you need to use really long bolts if you are doing service position