S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

ok guys i need help with bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ok guys i need help with bluetooth

I am searched for this but since in do not have navi but do have bluetooth prep what the hell does that mean

Oh ya the dealer is chicago did not send the books or mats so that is why i am asking
Old 11-18-2007, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You need a manual ...

to show you how to set it up, but in short, it means that your cellphone should pair with your stereo so you can use the phone handsfree. It will also load your cellphone's address book onto your system - assuming your cell is compatible with the Audi system - there's a list on their website of compatible phones.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

cool
Old 11-18-2007, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here goes (long)

THE BAD NEWS: The Audi list of supported phones is woefully incomplete. There are known bugs with many phones, so full functionality may not be present with yours. Some phones will not download the entire phonebook, only favorites, or numbers on the SIM and not the phone. There are known compatibility issues with Symbian OS phones. I have an Asian market Nokia 6230i and have full functionality. The iPhones are said to work well too. Be warned that this sucks down battery power for your phone. Keep the car charger handy.

There was a more extensive thread on this a few weeks back on the B7 S4 forum. The link is to my post which has a link to a NavPlus.us thread with a more extensive list of compatible phones. If you search up and down from that thread, there were several BT related threads in a 2 week span.

THE GOOD NEWS: If your phone is fully compatible, then your car should download the phonebook when the BT pairs up. Entries with multiple numbers will have a modifier "Contact/X" where "X" will be C[ell], H[ome], B[usiness], etc. Voice command should be enabled in your car, since it's a sedan. You should be able to dial numbers by reciting them [robotically] or by saving voice tags. If you don't have the manual, I can scan and PM the appropriate pages.

HOW TOs:
- Pairing: The car is always in discoverable mode. Set your phone into "Pairing" mode and it should be able to find the car. It will then ask for a PIN to pair up. You should hear the BT chime and the DIS should say BT ON if the pairing is successful. The car will pair up automatically from now on, but give it about a minute to download the phone book each time it is started.

- Accepting and receiving calls: Click the left thumbwheel to answer and hang up. If you have call waiting, do the swap on the phone, otherwise, you will disconnect your first call if you click the thumbwheel. Speaker volume controlled with right thumbwheel. Unfortunately, it will not pause a CD if one is playing.

- Mode button: Switches your DIS between phonebook and audio information. Scroll with left thumbwheel. Can be tiring if you have lots of contacts.

- Voice command: Hit VC button and wait for chime. Then speak command: Dial, Redial and Cancel are the only ones I typically use. The dialog for dialing is "Dial number" - car asks for number, you say it in segments, car repeats number - if correct, repeat "Dial" - car dials.

Dammit, I have way too much time today. I need a life!!! HTH!<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b7/msgs/58607.phtml">clicky</a></li></ul>
Old 11-18-2007, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

WOW thanks man!!!