S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

My first waterfest impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My first waterfest impressions...

First off, if under any other circumstances I would have had a great time. I finally got to put names to faces, and met a lot of other cool people.

BUT....

I was one of the 4 S4's stolen at waterfest. Woke up at 8:40, walked out and my car was gone. Just a big empty parking spot with tire tracks. The other B5 S4 with us got his car jacked too... his was parked next to mine. Its sureal, it hasn't really sunk in yet. kinda hit me when I get home and saw the empty spot in the drive way :-( I'm trying to keep my cool right now, but after all the other bull**** that has happened to my car lately (being rear ended by and uninsured driver) I don't think I will have insurance much longer, plus allstate isn't going to give me crap for my car. $16K if i'm lucky.

The stange thing was, the car was stolen between 7:50am and 8:40am. Someone was taking pictures of other cars outside this morning and our cars are in the backround on one of the pics.... this was at 7:50. We were up and outside at 8:40. Its insaine. I don't even know what to say. I'm kicking myself for not pulling my ECU, and for posting on this ****ing board about where we were staying. But to be honest, I don't think it would have helped. The other car that I heard was stolen was with the spec clutch group, was stolen from a hotel near ours, and had 2 security systems. I dunno what to say. As of now, it doesn't look like I will be getting another car for at least 30 days. And there is a good chance I will not have an audi after that. So this may very well be a fairwell. I'm sure I'll be around for a bit longer, but i don't think another audi is in the cards for at least 4 more years. One last thing i have learned from this, NJ sucks. NEVER GO THERE WITH YOUR S!
Old 07-17-2005, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was your roommate, and I have to say again, i was really sorry to see that this morning.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm a bonehead, is waterfest always in jersey?

if it is I know for a fact I'll NEVER go. Very sorry to hear about your car, thats just wrong.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:46 PM

yes, it is, its in Waterfest, New Jersey.
AudiWorld Super User

that is just nuts. so sorry to hear about this. someone has to be "tracking" this forum...
AudiWorld Super User

Default Damn it. :(

I've been reading some of the storys, and was wondering if it was gonna be one of 'us'.

**** man.

You have my condolances, and my fury towards theives.

AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry man. I can only imagine what it feels like. Things will get better.
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default holy $%*#!!! so sorry to hear Kevin... :(

I can't believe this happened! This year it seems that Waterfest was largely advertised around the east coast so even if you didn't post the hotel you stayed at, it was as good as gone. It wasn't your fault at all.

Was probably like a candy store for thieves...

:/
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default One more thing

Thanks to evenone that helped me out. All your guys support today helped keep me from going crazy. BOOST3D, I owe you big time buddy. If it weren't for you I would be stranded in Englishtown.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default NJ does suck. I didn't want to believe you when I heard you explain the situation...

I had just met you the day before and saw your car in the background when you were asking me about the Euro Rear. Man... I really do feel bad. I'm sure it will turn up and hopefully not in bad condition. Good luck with the whole situation, and it was a pleasure meeting you this weekend.

Quick Reply: My first waterfest impressions...