S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Stage 3+ dyno from KTR

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I hate to jump in here, but long before the flow straightener was thought of, you have said

JB "in the past that you didn't have a problem with the original AWE MAF Housing (before straightner's etc).

Please don't take this the wrong way, just trying to understand the evolution here.

Can you give me your impressions regarding the differences in drivibility with and without the flow straightner ? How much of an improvement ?, are you seeing similar improvements on all cars you install the straightner on ?, are some cars still a bit touchy even with the straightner ?

I know you have installed the EVO intake on many cars, this seems to have a similar effect. Do you prefer this over the flow straightner ? "

Moss - They are two different ways of accomplishing a similar goal JB. The EVO kits that most of "My" cars ran seemed to straighten the air. But caused some strange readings vs a stock box. What we (AWE, and ME) have learned is how the systems behaves with the different parts.

JB - "What about using an Hitachi MAF mounted in an RS4 MAF housing, have you tuned any AWE Stage III kits with this setup ? "

Moss - I have not. Why would I do this? All the cars I have been setting up have had very good drive-ability and power. No need to reinvent something that works well for me.

JB - "Sorry for all the questions. Your insight is appreciated."

Moss - NP. Sorry the knowledge we have today did not help you before.

Jeff
Old 07-08-2004, 07:23 PM

Default I think so. Although I have run a few sets before. None have been on a car that has been

to this stage before.

It would be very hard to say what each individual part did. In a way, a system wide approach needs to be taken.

Jeff
Old 07-08-2004, 07:24 PM

Yup. He worked with me in the mid 90's also. Good guy.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default would be nice if there was a forum to talk about this stuff openly etc.

w/o worrying about the peanut gallery trashing everybody...
Old 07-08-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Must not have read your post correctly or I saw it before you were done editing ..

Hard to read your responses .. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Don't you think others might be interested in these answers, I know

JB The kit is not my product. I do sell and install a fair number so the final product is important to me.

I have helped in the development of many of the improvements and they are still being tested across two different coasts. With multiple fuels and cars.

It is not my job to put out "updates" to someone else's product if they feel that they are not happy with it yet. ie. AFAIK the new screens are not in yet. They are being molded right now and should be in shortly.

So the process is going and working. If I release a bunch of data that is still being tested how does that help? IMO it just confuses the problems and can frustrate a lot of people. If someone wants to drop off there car with me, I will gladly use what I currently have to get it running as well as I can.

Jeff
Old 07-08-2004, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Franz is a true wonder boy. I haven't seen him for two years. Hope he's well.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Sorry man, I had a hard time reading your orginal post, text

all runs together .. I really appreciate the info, the evolution of these products has been very interesting, getting honest information on AW is difficult.

I appreciate your feedback. To sum it up, things are looking up then I take it, AWE is still finalizing some of the HW changes and related SW tweaks and the kit could reach it's final form.

Do you feel there will always be some MINOR drivibility issues with great power, or do you think in it's final form it will be as smooth as a Stage II+ car on stock fueling ?

THANKS AGAIN.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Elder Member

Real good stuff, Jeff! Plan on taking it to the strip for some #s?
Old 07-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Elder Member

Impressive.

Quick Reply: Stage 3+ dyno from KTR