S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

So I b!tched out a cop this morning because he was speeding and blew through a red light

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I b!tched out a cop this morning because he was speeding and blew through a red light

Story:

Driving to work/class this am and a statie comes by me at 15 over the limit on a residential road with a school zone. Ok, no big deal, just another cop that can get away with going faster than we can, what's new. Then we're heading towards the intersection and the light turns yellow. He easily could have stopped, but the light turns red before he even enters the intersection and blows right through. I get pissed. I'm by no means a law abiding citizen, but I fvcking hate cops that think they can do what they want. The cop continues on and I get stuck at the light. He turns and goes out of sight. I follow where I think he was going and I then see a couple cop cars like the one I saw parked at guess where, a Dunkin Donuts (Corner of Green & Neil for you familiar with Champaign). I laugh and turn into the parking lot. I see two younger cops enter the store. I catch the third cop who had gotten out of an unmarked car entering the store while I'm still in my car....

Me: Excuse me, I was behind one of your friends and he was speeding down Univeristy and blew through a red light. That's really dangerous and I don't think there was an emergency

Statie: Hmm, you said up on University? I'm his supervisor, I'll take care of it.

I then go on to lecture him about cops abusing their power and how dangerous it is to run red lights. He tells me the officer was late for a meeting with him. I give him a wide eyed look and laugh in my head about cops having a meeting in a donut shop, fvcking classic...

Me: Does it matter!? I got a ticket up in chicago a couple months ago and told the officer I was late for a meeting with a friend, but he still gave me a ticket.

More pissed off statie: I understand sir, it's not okay. I'm his boss, I'll talk to him.

Me: Thanks for your help.

I didn't get the guy's car number because it really wasn't that big of a deal, but it was just the point of the matter. And I'll never ever pass up a chance to yell at a cop and return the favor.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm not sure I believe that the guy you spoke w was his boss. He might have said that to ease your

concerns. : P

I H8 that 2
Old 04-19-2007, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Expert

lol nice work
Old 04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2nd. It's important to get a cop's badge number and then to file a formal complaint. The guy you

spoke with could have just been setting up a ruse so that his friend wouldn't get in trouble.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say you are a marked man.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Like I said, it wasn't that big of a deal. I just wanted to make a point and an opportunity to

lecture a cop. Point was made.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Actually, I don't think you accomplished anything in that case. You probably didn't get the cop in

trouble, and now they will probably be out to get you.

If you're going to do something, do it right.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

next time walk inside and punch him, then you are for sure going to get to talk to his real boss
Old 04-19-2007, 11:37 AM

blah blah blah. I had fun doing it.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:38 AM

lol, damn shoulda thought of that

Quick Reply: So I b!tched out a cop this morning because he was speeding and blew through a red light