S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Recaro Baby Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recaro Baby Seat

Does anyone know if the Recaro ProRide convertible baby seat fits in the B5 S4, I have searched the forums and it looks like the Recaro Signo G2 fits but it looks like Recaro has discontinued the seat and replaced it with the ProRide. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It fits in my B7 A4. Have you installed a LATCH system? I don't see why it wouldn't fit in the B5.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have the teether points on the rear deck lid, I don't think I have a teether point or LATCH system on the seat bottom unless the car came with it stock. Where do you get the LATCH system, Audi or third party shops? Thanks for the assistance.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by COMPUTEK::WMS
I have the teether points on the rear deck lid, I don't think I have a teether point or LATCH system on the seat bottom unless the car came with it stock. Where do you get the LATCH system, Audi or third party shops? Thanks for the assistance.
Audi was installing them for free for a while but I think that offer has expired. They may still offer the kit. You can install it without the latches (seat belt and top anchor) on the bottom but I prefer the extra safegaurd.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the info, yeah my 2001.5 didn't have them so I just ordered the left and right ones from ECS Tuning was like $35 shipped which isn't to bad.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Recaro ProRide fits

I have the gray one in the right rear passenger seat. Easy install with the LATCH system.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the Young Sport and the Pro Ride Recaro seats (or whatever they called the same models 2 years ago). The Pro Ride which is front or rear facing is huge! it sits up quite a bit compared to the Vivo. The base on it really pushes it up and away from the back of the seat. When i used the Pro Ride in rear facing mode, it had to be in the middle of the back seat of the S4 and would not reasonably fit on either side with the front seats in a reasonable position. It did work alright in the middle with the drivers seat and passengers seat in a normal position. I see you ordered the kits from ecs, which will probably be great when you get to a smaller front facing-only seat, but im not sure they will help you with a larger front/rear facing seat.

My recomendation is to get a cheaper front/rear facing seat to get you by for a little while until your ready for a forward only facing seat, and then spend your money on something like the young sport or pro sport. Even though the Pro Ride says it goes up to 70lbs, my first kid moved up to the young sport at 25lbs and my youngest who is at 26lbs now is about to get his own young sport and we will retire the Pro Ride. Even in our SUV, I will be happy to get rid of the oversized front/rear facing seat for a more compact front facing only seat. The way i see it, the rear facing is only needed for the first year typically, and then after that a good front facing will get you by for the next 4-5 years probably.

Does the kit from ECS work/fit well? Im still might consider getting it as a backup even though I havent had a baby seat in my S4 in over a year now....
Old 01-21-2011, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Awesome, Thanks going to get the blue one to match the the nogaro blue interior on mine, just got the latch brackets for the bottom so glad to know it will work in the car, as it is not only a top rated seat but stylish too
Old 01-21-2011, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the info, I haven't put the brackets in yet, project for this weekend will keep you posted although they are factory parts so they should just bolt right in.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Put the brackets in yesterday took about 15 minutes, simple and easy, pull out bottom cushion, tilt top cushion down slightly and you will see the two holes that the torx bolts screw into, it it is to hard to put the bolts in while the top seat cushion is half way down you can pull them out by removing the one torx screw that holds the cover on between the two seat halves at the hinge.

Quick Reply: Recaro Baby Seat