S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Job opening@APR

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Job opening@APR

Just wanted to put this out to the community for a job opening at APR. Please send all corespondence hooks@goapr.com

Website Developer - APR, LLC has an immediate opening for an experienced Web Developer to develop and manage the company website. This individual will be responsible for the following:

* Create, design, and implement the website for APR.
* Act as the steward to our online web presence working with both our marketing and engineering development teams.
* Produce & create all content for our website(s), e-mail campaigns, and corporate identity material.
* Define and document design and visual identity standards for our online presence.
* Translate Photoshop designs into fully compliant XHTML templates.
* Take photographs and shoot video to add to the site.
* Act as an advisor to the sales/marketing team to ensure strict compliance to design standards.

The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:

* Must have available portfolio of relevant, recent online work.
* Experience with a Web 2.0-style project (social networking/community site)
* Proven expert knowledge of ASP, PHP, XHTML, CSS, Javascript (and associated toolkits like Mocha).
* Excellent knowledge of the HTML W3C standards
* Experience with advertising networks and servers
* Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash & Acrobat.
* Knowledge of ASP.NET, C#, and .NET Development tools
* Experience with MS SQL, MySQL, MS Access, and Windows Server
* College diploma in multimedia or equivalent (preferable but not required), with 5 years of experience in the creation of web related pages/material and intranet solutions.
* An adequate knowledge of and experience with photography for production of web content.
* Ability to shoot and edit video clips
* Experience in the world of performance automobiles a plus.
* Vast knowledge of open source technologies, current online trends - especially in the areas of online selling, marketing via online, social networking
* Ability to communicate and referee between application development and marketing/sales/engineering.
* Interested in challenges and enjoy fast-paced work environments
* Ability to work in teams but also ability to work alone (self motivated)

APR, LLC is an industry leader in the development of performance products for the V.A.G. group of automobiles (Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, etc.) APR, LLC has an international presence in Asia, Europe and America. Our headquarters are located in beautiful Auburn, AL. The company focuses on strong core values of excellence, teamwork, innovation and fun. This is an opportunity to join top talent in an environment where your development and achievement will be utilized and appreciated.
The compensation for this job will be competitive with a full benefits package offered. All applicants applying for the job opening must be authorized to work in the United States. Interested candidates should contact Stephen by email at hooks@goapr.com.

Thanks and GO APR!!
http://www.goapr.com<ul><li><a href="http://www.goapr.com">http://www.goapr.com</a</li></ul>
Old 12-18-2006, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Will this person also help to make ECUx less buggy?
Old 12-18-2006, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

LOL
Old 12-18-2006, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm actually serious. The nightmares that *everyone* seems to have

with ECUx is both bad PR &amp; must waste a lot of APR employee's time.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:57 PM

Default I have passed this to the EE dept for them to take a look at

Thank you for your feedback.

Stephen/APR
Old 12-18-2006, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for listening...
Old 12-19-2006, 06:06 AM

Default Funny, I requested that it be taken off the market because it was unprofitable and a slow seller

(non-sugar-coated answer)

...but you B5 S4 guys insisted that we sell it. Maybe we should reconsider. I understand that there is nothing else on the market (at all) but you must realize that the market for this program is very small and we can't exactly throw huge amounts of resources at it. It is not going to be as honed as a mass-marketed piece of software (especially not the first version, which is what is available.) Furthermore, this is a complex program. The program that is available to the enthusiast, ECUX 1 (as it is known internally) is a legacy program and will not be updated. However, it does what it says it will do and most (if not all) quirks (or cable incompatibilities) can be circumvented with simple work arounds. Again, we took it off the market some time back but people basically demanded that we sell it to them regardless. As I see it, if you want to log your S4 your options are ECUX (1) or VAG-COM and only one does high-speed datalogging. I doubt Microsoft will be jumping into this market any time soon and no other company in this industry has the application programmers to make a project like this happen.

We have been using a new version, ECUX 2, internally for several years. ECUX 2 is another complete rewrite from scratch and is an amazing improvement on the first version (as most second versions of software are.) As I have posted many times, ECUX is first and foremost an internal development tool. I personally have a lukewarm feeling about making this program available to the public for many reasons (some reasons being the development of a licensing scheme and the fact that companies are using the power of ECUX 1 to develop their ECU software line) but we will have to wait and see.

One last thing, we have assigned the programmer in charge of ECUX 2 development to handle all ECUX 1 license requests and technical support. I am not aware of a single case where he was unable to resolve the issue.

Brett
APR
Old 12-19-2006, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's quite a varied skill set. Good luck.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the candid response.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default "raises hand", XP Media, mutiple licenses, multiple reg edits, cleans etc. nada

so I sent a reg key in for my office laptop and will just use this if I can get a key. standard XP..

And KUDO's on the new space and vision, W0w, that's all I have to say, w0w!

Quick Reply: Job opening@APR