S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

if there was ever a time i needed some help, it was now..

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if there was ever a time i needed some help, it was now..

i've been getting intermittent p0741 codes on my tip 01 S4 for about a month now. I added ATF fluid as the level was low, cleared code and had no issues for about a week. The code came back so I figured it's probably time for a new TC. I decided to do a stall test and after about 3 seconds of the car hitting its peak RPM reading, I heard a loud crack and the car shut off. I let it sit for a few minutes and started it up. It seemed to run okay for a bit. After about ten minutes, I came back outside, started it and noticed a noise that was coming from the TC area. THEN fluid started to slowly leak. The trans now slips because its low on fluid. I'm sure something cracked in right near the bell housing. The question(s) I have are: Does anyone know what components SPECIFICALLY are in that area and does anyone have a simple DIY guide on replacing a Torque Converter? I've heard adding dye to the ZF trans to locate leaks is a bad idea. I own two of these monsters and this is my first/last tip. Car is currently stuck in a parking lot as I don't want to drive it and do anymore damage. PLEASE help, anyone with knowledge.... thank you...
Old 10-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I do not know anything about your situation BUT I know that the guys on Audizine.com are very knowledgeable and helpful. You will definetly get more help on that forum.

Good luck

A tip to manual conversion is what I did...
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

okay, thank you.. i posted on there, already have 6 responses...