S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Fraud committed by Long Island Audi Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fraud committed by Long Island Audi Dealer

Many of you will remember me from my S4 days. Well, wish I had good news about Audi. Turns out, Legend VW/Audi in Amityville Long Island committed fraud when they leased us our 2005 allroad, and neither the dealer or Audi will speak to us to remedy the situation. Here's the facts:

We leased in Nov 05, a 2005 allroad. Turns out, the factory to dealer incentives were ending in June 05, so the dealer in their infinite wisdom reported the car sold to AoA, which then activated the warranty. Unknown to my wife and I who leased the car new in November, 4 months of the warranty had already lapsed. The NYS Lease agreement indicates 48 month warranty beginning on 11/5, however, AoA is refusing to honor any warranty after July 1 of this year claiming the car must have been a demo. Well, the lease says new (not demo as there is a demo box available, but the new vehicle box was checked) and the mileage upon delivery was 25. The only reason we know the warranty even lapsed is that I called about purchasing an extended warranty for a friend who is interested in taking the car off lease from us, and you can only purchase one with a factory warranty in effect.

So, the dealer committed fraud against AoA by reporting the car sold in order to receive incentive $$, which they used to reduce the purchase price to us 4 months later to incent us to buy a leftover model. They committed fraud against myself and my wife by signing a 48 month lease indicating a 4 year warranty when some of it had lapsed. And, as of tonight, the great pass the buck has begun.

AoA will not let me speak to someone who can resolve this, but alternatively indicates that they will have to have someone get back to me in the next 24 hours. Dealer where we leased the car indicated they do this all the time to "protect" incentive money, but won't get back to me either on how to fix this. And, I cannot sell the car off lease as it's out of warranty.

Looks like a letter to the state attorney general is in order, along with filing a law suit against both entities for fraud. Should play out well in the news. And, AoA, I hope you're reading this.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good luck.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope it turns out well. I hate shady dealers.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

> which they used to reduce the purchase price to us 4 months later ...

I don't get it: if you got a discount on the car based on a program that required the car to be sold by July, why are you unhappy the car is being treated as being sold in July? Are you saying you expect to get a warranty that starts four months later plus the discount?

By the way, I understand you're pissed but you may want to reconsider the wording of your post.

Good luck getting this resolved
Rory
Old 07-01-2009, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Rory - I think the issue here is that he was not told that the discount he received was the result of a shady warranty activation scheme perpetrated by the dealer.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

LOL yeah I doubt the salesman said "Guess what we can reduce the price for you because we defrauded the big guys"
Old 07-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

good luck man, i looked at some cars their....luckly got mine else where
Old 07-01-2009, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by donromani
Rory - I think the issue here is that he was not told that the discount he received was the result of a shady warranty activation scheme perpetrated by the dealer.
I readily admit I don't fully understand the ins and outs of these processes. But I have come across this issue with start dates for factory warranties in the past, and it doesn't always work the way you expect.

I guess I see it both ways. On one hand, he got a discount that was generated from a July sale. On the other hand, he should have been told this was being done. Tough situation.

Rory
Old 07-01-2009, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Rory
I readily admit I don't fully understand the ins and outs of these processes. But I have come across this issue with start dates for factory warranties in the past, and it doesn't always work the way you expect.

I guess I see it both ways. On one hand, he got a discount that was generated from a July sale. On the other hand, he should have been told this was being done. Tough situation.

Rory
Why is it hard to understand? The warranty starts when you take delivery. It sounds like the dealer put that date on his paperwork but in reality it started earlier. If he still has that paperwork with the false warranty start date.. that should be an easy case for any lawyer.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by davenew
Why is it hard to understand? The warranty starts when you take delivery. It sounds like the dealer put that date on his paperwork but in reality it started earlier. If he still has that paperwork with the false warranty start date.. that should be an easy case for any lawyer.
In the past with demo cars I was looking at, the factory warranty had already started ticking. That was some time ago and it wasn't Audi, but just the same, what you're saying is false in general. Do a Google search, there's plenty of discussion about this.

Rory

Quick Reply: Fraud committed by Long Island Audi Dealer