S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Does anyone else get slightly annoyed when random people ask "whats done to your car"?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone else get slightly annoyed when random people ask "whats done to your car"?

I am talking about the random (often shady looking) person, who walks up and says "so is that stock with a dead serious face" when the hood is popped at the drag strip or something? generally after a run they just witnessed (yes smart guy they come like this from the factory, tell all your friends you guys totaly mised the boat on a killer all around vehicle), my response is obviously no. then they say well whats done to it?

my two sides of my brain have this conversation... "hey brain whats up dude?" "not much man just chillin" "ok cool sweet sweet" "anyway, this guy just approached us and asked about the modifications done to the car, mainly the motor. my feelings on the explanation to put out is if he had even the basic ability to understand the info we could happily share with a fellow enthusiast in great and enthusiastic detail, that we are about to direct our mouth to deliver to him he most likely wouldnt have asked if it was tock in the first place" "i concur, clearly he is cluless and we should now make a large attempt to break it down into basic automotive jargon so this dipsh1t can then proceed to leave us alone" " god damn, like we dont have better stuff to be doing right now, i can tell the stomach is hungy an there are hot bishes running around all over... holy crap look at the *** on that one, not to mention i would like to clear the codes on the car to ease the bodies stress levels, its hot enough out here already and we dont need any more sweating or increased heart rate. ohh btw, our nuts itch, scratch them" " whoa, there bud try and focus... i tell you what, we can split it up. you just direct the body to say say bigger turbos, bigger injectors and better intercooling with some ECU tuning. meanwhile i will make hand gestures at whatever you mention in a condesending fashion" "but what if he gives the classic surprised look at the fact the word turbo was used in the plural sense and starts looking for them?" "then you can just say look closer and i will close the hood on his torso"

this ofcourse happens in like 1 millionth of a second, but it happens
Old 05-18-2006, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL! I can so relate
Old 05-18-2006, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lol 2nd

The worst is when a girl asks that question. I don't want to look like total car nerd but don't want to sound condescending either. Rock and a hard place :-/
Old 05-18-2006, 04:08 PM

Default so true, there is no way to explain a heavily modded vehicle to someone with little knowledge...

and not look like a douchbag who reads car and driver while masturbating or an arogant *******
Old 05-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned

Hey that was me dude, seriously, what do you have done to it, superchargers and stuff? NAAAAWWWZZZ?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Whats done to your car?

=p tushay.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

just make random **** up, thats always fun
Old 05-18-2006, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

One problem with all that: you'd dent the hood, and that'd be just wrong.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm going to smack the next kid that looks in my race car, sees the fire suppression system

and asks, "Is that nitrous?"

Quick Reply: Does anyone else get slightly annoyed when random people ask "whats done to your car"?