S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Crazy juvenile passes me on 2 way no passing road.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 04:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crazy juvenile passes me on 2 way no passing road.

It was late (2:20am or so) and I was coming from working on a computer for a customer so I assume the kids were drunk.

They came behind me whenever I merged on that road. I could see they were pretty close to me tailgating but I simply kept the same speed as my turbos were cold, etc. 1 minute later I see the guy trying to pass me (this is a business/residential zone with a 35 mph no passing zone) and I pressed the gas to match his speed for about 3 or 4 seconds then I let them pass. They proceeded to speed up, taking curves using both lanes (road has visibility for the other lane but still) and I simply followed them with my high beams on.
I never got too close as I knew they would slam on the brakes if I did so after chasing them I slowed down to see they were turning into a road that usually has more traffic, caught up to them about 3 blocks later as there was a slower car ahead of them.

They turned into a Sheetz (gas/mini mart) and I thought about following or at least calling the police on them (there was a cop at the gas station) but after a second I decided it may not be worth it: You never know when I would be back around there and for them to remember it was me the one that called the cops on them (a keyed car is worse than an accident to me -indicates purpose and vengeance).

Be careful out there...
Old 04-23-2002, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be careful is right [more]

Why the **** would you do that for? You are the one that made it dangerous. So a couple of kids wanted to pass you on the left- big deal. Why the **** would you speed up to match their speed? let them pass and be on their way. Dang! Its stupid drivers like you that pisses me off. Them making an illegal pass prompted you to endanger them and others by matching speed with them? Just because you have the faster car? Come on. Be smart. Then you proceed to high beem them.. on a narrow 2 way road. I bet you were tailgating too huh? Someone should call a cop on YOUR ***. Peace
Old 04-23-2002, 07:33 AM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default my story...

I nearly got killed recently in a similar situation (except that I was the passer, and I was in a passing zone)... truck sped up even though there was an oncoming car, than when I tried to back off, he braked as well, leaving me out in the other lane. it sucked.