S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Old 11-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think many would not think about it, but even this black Mercedes Benz S63 AMG looks good with the chrome blacked out. Even with the brighter colored/finished wheels, the blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum trim still goes with the look of the car very well and actually makes the car look very sleek imo. In addition to the window trim, I also blacked out the lower door chrome pieces that run the length of the car. I also tinted the headlights and turn signal reflectors with my light tint/smoke film. For this car, we went with my gloss black vinyl finish to match the already gloss black vertical pillars and overall the gloss black just suited this car better than matte black would have. The owner of this car brought his car up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from San Diego to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

During (note driver side headlight and mirror turn signals are tinted, while passenger side is stock)

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Former Vendor

I had this white Mazda MazdaSpeed3 come in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. As you can see from the pictures, the carbon fiber weave is more noticeable at certain angles and depending on how the light hits it. In some pictures it'll look like just a matte/flat black roof, while in other pictures you can really notice the carbon fiber weave/pattern, which gives it a very cool effect.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Former Vendor

This is kind of a bigger picture post than usual, but I had multiple requests for more up close pictures and of certain areas that are pictured below. The owner of this white Audi RS5 had me vinyl wrap the roof and also black out the brushed aluminum/chrome window trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof tied in quite nicely with the large sunroof of the car, to give it a full/complete panoramic roof look. Also, just blacking out the chrome around the windows also changed the look of the car quite a bit, even though the mirrors are still silver. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from Los Angeles to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor

***Note - This is a darker shade that is a completely different and a lot darker shade than all of my other tinted tail light pictures, this is not the standard shade I use***

The owner of this black Maserati brought me his car to tint/smoke the headlights and tail lights of his car with a very dark vinyl film. He was basically going for the blacked out look. This is not a typical shade/darkness that I use, which is always a very light shade. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. Light out put is going to be definitely affected by going this dark, but if you're trying to achieve a completely blacked out or murdered out type of look, then this would be it.

Before:

During:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor

The owner of this car previously had me black out the chrome around his window trim and rear trunk bar as well as lightly tint the tai lights. However he decided to come back to also have me wrap the rear trunk spoiler of his car in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material as well, to match the real carbon fiber diffuser he just had put on. Hopefully this will give you guys somewhat of an idea of how the gloss carbon fiber vinyl compares to real carbon fiber parts. The owner of this car drove out to my shop in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. Note, not all spoilers are possible or practical to wrap due to its shapes/curves, but this one happen to be an exception.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor

These aren’t the best pictures that I have taken, but I had someone request me to post some pictures of work that I’ve done on the new Lexus GS350. For this silver/grey GS350, I vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black, lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights, and blacked out the center middle section of the front bumper. The owner of this car brought their car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. I think overall, the subtle changes to the car gave it a nice different/change of look without making it look too aftermarket or modified.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger ride side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor

The owner of this black BMW E60 550i sedan brought me his car because he was having issues with his factory original paint fading. I went over with him and options that were available for his car, and we decided on going with my gloss black vinyl to give him back that factory finish look. Although minor pits and such still showed through the material, overall, I think the results and pictures speak for themselves. It was a huge improvement over what the owner was dealing with before, as far as the condition of his roof was concerned. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor

Had a request to post some pictures of a white car with gloss black vinyl applied on the trim. The owner of this white Mercedes Benz C63 coupe had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl materials. The owner of this car was in Irvine and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. The black trim definitely gave the coupe a much sportier look and complemented the rest of the car fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor

This is another car that I did for Hyundai for the most recent SEMA event. I had also done their Veloster that they had built for SEMA the year prior as well. This year they used their SUV the Santa Fe for the SEMA event. They had me come by their facilities to vinyl wrap the top of the SUV in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material. Not often that I do the roof of a SUV or such a large car in general. Obviously for this car, the carbon roof was chosen to make it stand out and go with the more aggressively modified look/theme of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor

Not many people know that I use/have other colors of head/tail light film in addition to the normal tint/smoke films that most people typically have me use on their cars. The owner of this Mini Cooper brought his car by to have me tint his head lights yellow and his tail lights with red. I know the yellow headlights isn’t for everybody, but the owner of this Mini wanted to do something different, and it’s always possible to go back to stock/reversible with vinyl. The owner of this car drove out from Inland Empire to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the work done.

Before:

After (note the headlights are on in these pictures):

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install