S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

OEM S4 logo'd Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

OK, I just got the response from them:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The price for a set with two embroideries and a heelpad is £65.

Shipping to Ohio will add £35 to that, so that’s £100 in total (or approx. $135 US).

Lead time from receipt of payment is approx. 6 working days.

Shipping from the UK to the US will add 2 or 3 days to that.

Let me know if this is OK and we can set up a production order and send you a PayPal request.

Kind regards,

Peter Altena

sales@autostyle.co.uk

www.autostyle.co.uk

I gave them the OK to move forward.

Last edited by markcincinnati; 05-04-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
OK, I just got the response from them:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The price for a set with two embroideries and a heelpad is £65.

Shipping to Ohio will add £35 to that, so that’s £100 in total (or approx. $135 US).

Lead time from receipt of payment is approx. 6 working days.

Shipping from the UK to the US will add 2 or 3 days to that.

Let me know if this is OK and we can set up a production order and send you a PayPal request.

Kind regards,

Peter Altena

sales@autostyle.co.uk

www.autostyle.co.uk

I gave them the OK to move forward.
I got a similar response as well.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Awesome! Mine were the same cost, GBP, but the conversion at the time made them about $147. I sent her an email letting her know that she would be getting a few more orders from what they sent me. Too bad there are not any referral bonuses...the cost alone of the mats make up for that though IMO.

Post some pics when you get them! I think they are worth bragging about, they are that good.

Last edited by BobbyBob; 05-04-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Here's the odd thing:

I actually do understand and respect the value of "the logo" -- I don't own it, you don't own it.

But, given that there is both revenue and one would assume income to be associated with selling these mats, why doesn't Audi put these up for sale themselves? I would assume they would charge perhaps 20% more -- and if they bought them in quantity, they could most certainly get them (in some kind of bulk order) for less, and increase their margin further.

They sell a bunch of stuff in the Audi boutique -- legitimately branded and (I think) substantially marked up. I have several shirts, two jackets a set of wine glasses and key fobs that I've purchased over the years -- yet floor mats would seem to have substantially more takers than a Calvin Klein shirt with the four-rings embossed on the sleeve. Some dealers, too, would undoubtedly like to sell the mats or offer them "at a discount" when buying a new vehicle. "You can have the no charge mats or these for $50 more (retail value $199.99, kind of thing)."

If you'll note, more than half the price of the mats again are the shipping charges. We're here buying them onesey-twosey. Imagine if we actually could have ordered 50 sets (and had them sent to the dealer here in "your town" -- available for some portion of the customers who would, like us, go ahead and spring for them.)

The price, per, would probably have been lower since the "machinery" that is cranking these out in the UK could have been set to "run continuously".

Folks would never pay for OEM wheels at an OEM price from the dealer buy wheels (from the Tirerack, etc.) daily. Floor mats, even with a huge markup, might well command customers since even if the mats were $20 more per pair than most folks would consider reasonable, would go ahead a buy them because the percentage would be high, not the dollars.

I was so frustrated I couldn't get an S4 keyfob, I ordered one from China ($11) -- so far even the paint on it hasn't peeled off (over a year now). I paid more than twice that for a generic AUDI fob for my wife -- when what she probably wanted was one that said SQ5!

There must be reasons for these things: I mean, if you can't or won't supply items directly, well, at least license them to someone else who will.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BobbyBob
Awesome! Mine were the same cost, GBP, but the conversion at the time made them about $147. I sent her an email letting her know that she would be getting a few more orders from what they sent me. Too bad there are not any referral bonuses...the cost alone of the mats make up for that though IMO.

Post some pics when you get them! I think they are worth bragging about, they are that good.
Thanks! My order is in and PayPal sent. Can't wait.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This is a good thread and timely as I will also be ordering a set with the same options and color pattern.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Here's the odd thing:

I actually do understand and respect the value of "the logo" -- I don't own it, you don't own it.

But, given that there is both revenue and one would assume income to be associated with selling these mats, why doesn't Audi put these up for sale themselves? I would assume they would charge perhaps 20% more -- and if they bought them in quantity, they could most certainly get them (in some kind of bulk order) for less, and increase their margin further.

They sell a bunch of stuff in the Audi boutique -- legitimately branded and (I think) substantially marked up. I have several shirts, two jackets a set of wine glasses and key fobs that I've purchased over the years -- yet floor mats would seem to have substantially more takers than a Calvin Klein shirt with the four-rings embossed on the sleeve. Some dealers, too, would undoubtedly like to sell the mats or offer them "at a discount" when buying a new vehicle. "You can have the no charge mats or these for $50 more (retail value $199.99, kind of thing)."

If you'll note, more than half the price of the mats again are the shipping charges. We're here buying them onesey-twosey. Imagine if we actually could have ordered 50 sets (and had them sent to the dealer here in "your town" -- available for some portion of the customers who would, like us, go ahead and spring for them.)

The price, per, would probably have been lower since the "machinery" that is cranking these out in the UK could have been set to "run continuously".

Folks would never pay for OEM wheels at an OEM price from the dealer buy wheels (from the Tirerack, etc.) daily. Floor mats, even with a huge markup, might well command customers since even if the mats were $20 more per pair than most folks would consider reasonable, would go ahead a buy them because the percentage would be high, not the dollars.

I was so frustrated I couldn't get an S4 keyfob, I ordered one from China ($11) -- so far even the paint on it hasn't peeled off (over a year now). I paid more than twice that for a generic AUDI fob for my wife -- when what she probably wanted was one that said SQ5!

There must be reasons for these things: I mean, if you can't or won't supply items directly, well, at least license them to someone else who will.
Yes! I am in a B8.5 and they (Audi) even discontinued the carpet OEM mats that come from the factory. That is what drove me to look elsewhere. The dealer kept pushing me to the rubber mats and my response and thought was that this is not a utility vehicle...I have one of those already. LOL. This is a fun toy for me and I want to baby it a little, which means I want nice things for it.

I too value the logo and did not like the fact that I had to use a third party but this is what happens when consumers do not get what they want, they look for the alternative. I would assume that we are not the only ones who have been requesting these from Audi and am sure the volume on these mats is pretty crazy.

Just glad that I was able to get what I wanted in the end. I know you will all be pleased as well!
Old 05-06-2018, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If these are as good as they surely seem to be, I'll be getting a set of them for my wife's 2018 SQ5! Now, do I ask THEM if they already have an SQ5 logo?
I can imagine their business may have an uptick due to the power of AudiWorld. I shared the images with my Audi dealer and they asked me to bring the car in to show off the new mats. They specifically were interested i the heel pad option I went ahead and configured (5GBP).

35GBP is a lot for the shipping (for one set) -- but, let's say a dealer ordered a dozen, I can't imagine the shipping would be 12 x 35.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have seen other members get a metal plate added vs the carpet like we did. Not a fan of that look...it’s functional but heard it’s hard to clean the open slates. The only “issue” I have with my heel pad is that my heel would get a little caught on the upper edge when using the third pedal. I have learned to adjust that now though...it took a few spirited drives throwing the gears to do so
Old 05-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BobbyBob
I have seen other members get a metal plate added vs the carpet like we did. Not a fan of that look...it’s functional but heard it’s hard to clean the open slates. The only “issue” I have with my heel pad is that my heel would get a little caught on the upper edge when using the third pedal. I have learned to adjust that now though...it took a few spirited drives throwing the gears to do so
Bobby, great find and thinking to order a set as well. QQ: dimensionally, are these same size as OEM carpet mats? Reason asking is, I changed out my OEM rubber mats with carpet ones tonight; then I noticed the rubber mats are appreciateably larger (front & rear). Def prefer the larger area of coverage.

Quick Reply: OEM S4 logo'd Floor Mats