S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Mishimoto B9 S4/S5 Catch Can R&D Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

first turbo car...how do you empty a catch can? i got mine pre-ordered so im looking forward to these!
Old 01-14-2020, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crhh95
first turbo car...how do you empty a catch can? i got mine pre-ordered so im looking forward to these!
This one is pretty easy! You'll just need to get your car up in the air (jack stands or ramps) and open up the drain valve from under the car. You can collect it in an oil pan and dispose of it with used oil. Alternatively, it's just a means of unscrewing the bottom of the can and dumping out the contents.

Also, we have officially launched this kit here in the US, and all presale orders are shipping out! Thanks so much for following along with the development of this kit! Myself and our customer service team will still have an eye on these threads, so feel free to ask any questions if you have any!

-Nick
Old 03-09-2020, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to bump this up for all of our international followers and let you know that this kit is now available worldwide!

Feel free to reach out with any questions

-Nick
Old 03-09-2020, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mishimoto
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to bump this up for all of our international followers and let you know that this kit is now available worldwide!

Feel free to reach out with any questions

-Nick
You guys definitely dropped the ball with this oil catch can.
Apparently you guys did alot of "testing " before releasing it with defective hoses that collapse under pressure.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by jondin2000
You guys definitely dropped the ball with this oil catch can.
Apparently you guys did alot of "testing " before releasing it with defective hoses that collapse under pressure.
I have almost 1k miles on my catch can and I dont have any defective hoses collapsing. As I stated in my thread, the only hose that was collapsing was the smaller one and that was due to the way it was installed. By twisting it a little bit it straightened out. That being said, even a little kink in the hose will not keep the oil blow by from passing through it. Its not a lot of liquid volume that needs to pass through, more of a minute stream of oil droplets. It does not hinder the effectiveness of the unit.

Also, I dont see anywhere that the hoses are collapsing under "pressure". One would need to be checking the hose while driving under load to see this happen.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
I have almost 1k miles on my catch can and I dont have any defective hoses collapsing. As I stated in my thread, the only hose that was collapsing was the smaller one and that was due to the way it was installed. By twisting it a little bit it straightened out. That being said, even a little kink in the hose will not keep the oil blow by from passing through it. Its not a lot of liquid volume that needs to pass through, more of a minute stream of oil droplets. It does not hinder the effectiveness of the unit.

Also, I dont see anywhere that the hoses are collapsing under "pressure". One would need to be checking the hose while driving under load to see this happen.

It's not just the small hose.
I believe I raised my concern with mishimoto.Do you work for mishimoto?
Old 03-10-2020, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It's not just the small hose.
I believe I raised my concern with mishimoto.Do you work for mishimoto?
Nope, I dont work for them. Regarding the hose crimping, Mishimoto sent me a new set of hoses as a precaution. Did they send you a new set? I am not experiencing any crimping anymore. This is something Ive never seen before from these types of hoses. Its one occurrence, I havent seen it mentioned in any other forums or videos.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just installed it today. I turned the car on revved it to around 4k rpm and that's what it did to the small hose.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Just installed it today. I turned the car on revved it to around 4k rpm and that's what it did to the small hose.
Yup, has nothing to do with pressure though. It's about the angle of the hose. The top of the hose is stretched straight, but with the bottom of the hose, it needs to crimp to make the bend. Going to happen regardless unless the hose, top and bottom, are traveling in a straight line.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Take a look at the thread starting on AZ, more issues cropping up.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...moto-Catch-Can