S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Intermittent Severe Throttle hesitation (not turbo lag)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2018S5
I have heard some have had mixed results with the APR tune, that is why I am hesitant to spend the money on that or something like the pedal box. I agree with you, this is something that Audi should be addressing and I will not be buying another one.
well APR hasnt released their tune for the B9 S4/S5's yet...so there aren't any results. You guys are extremely picky, this car is pretty awesome. Yeah it has some pitfalls, but it's better than a majority of consumer vehicles out there; leaps and bounds better than my G37S that i still drive. if youre picky about performance, go buy an M3 or pick a car with a standard tranny. This car isnt supposed to be that, it's a fast luxury daily driver.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crhh95
well APR hasnt released their tune for the B9 S4/S5's yet...so there aren't any results. You guys are extremely picky, this car is pretty awesome. Yeah it has some pitfalls, but it's better than a majority of consumer vehicles out there; leaps and bounds better than my G37S that i still drive. if youre picky about performance, go buy an M3 or pick a car with a standard tranny. This car isnt supposed to be that, it's a fast luxury daily driver.

Couldnt agree more more with your point. No such thing as perfect car for everyone. If you intention was pure performance and you test drive the car why did you pick S4? Yes it has a little lag in comfort mode but it’s not a big deal. Switch to sport and enjoy the ride. This is a daily drive not a high performance car. People expect so much for 60k. Luxury, performence, massage, free coffee .... what else should we add to this list??
Old 09-11-2019, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Markster
Couldnt agree more more with your point. No such thing as perfect car for everyone. If you intention was pure performance and you test drive the car why did you pick S4? Yes it has a little lag in comfort mode but it’s not a big deal. Switch to sport and enjoy the ride. This is a daily drive not a high performance car. People expect so much for 60k. Luxury, performence, massage, free coffee .... what else should we add to this list??
Don't you two *******s tell me what car I should have bought . I drove Audi s4 turbo before best S4 Audi ever build which is the reason I bought B9 s4. This B9 S4 drives like ****. You two never drove an S4 before and you have no clue what you talking about.
The following users liked this post:
msochemist (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the B6 S4 wagon my friend has is a BEAST with its 4.2L V8. It rumbles with a growl and idles with a snarl. But the B9 S4 is NOT the same car and the times have changed with all the EPA restrictions on emissions, fuel economy, etc. I didn't buy my B9 S4 to recreate the feeling of a B6 S4. My driving habits have dramatically changed over 10+ yrs and I definitely knew what I was getting into. Otherwise, my daily driver would have been the 2018 M3 but I couldn't stand the transmission TBH. Again, I think I'm too old for that **** but I still have the option of "spirited" driving if I needed it.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jondin2000
Don't you two *******s tell me what car I should have bought . I drove Audi s4 turbo before best S4 Audi ever build which is the reason I bought B9 s4. This B9 S4 drives like ****. You two never drove an S4 before and you have no clue what you talking about.
I can tell you whatever I want.

But regardless I'm coming from an F80 M3...so I definitely know what I'm talking about. Its a much faster car and I still love my B9. lol get butthurt more about it loser. easy solution is to sell the car unless you're upside down on it because you bought a car you cant afford.