S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Audi S4 Prestige deal

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. First off, I wasn't bragging. Stating the fact that deals past the typical 6% could be done if you put in the work. I also stated that it was in fact 9% and not 9.5%
2. I always lease, I am in and out of cars a lot, never buy them, and usually get out early. I never take in account acq fees and other deal fees, I focus on the gross cap cost.
3. At the end of the day, I am blessed to be able to afford a car like this and truly enjoy it. I was just letting people know that deals can be made if you build a relationship and find the right dealer that is focusing on volume instead of gross.

If you need to take the win.. go for it.. all yours my friend
Old 07-05-2017, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bizacon
1. First off, I wasn't bragging. Stating the fact that deals past the typical 6% could be done if you put in the work. I also stated that it was in fact 9% and not 9.5%
2. I always lease, I am in and out of cars a lot, never buy them, and usually get out early. I never take in account acq fees and other deal fees, I focus on the gross cap cost.
3. At the end of the day, I am blessed to be able to afford a car like this and truly enjoy it. I was just letting people know that deals can be made if you build a relationship and find the right dealer that is focusing on volume instead of gross.

If you need to take the win.. go for it.. all yours my friend
Good point and glad you acquire the variety of beautiful cars.
Most of us can afford here cars and bargain on principle.
Better the money in my pocket than Audi's. I want the MF and cap cost I deserve.
On the other hand 9% is amazing!
Old 07-05-2017, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

To repeat a point, someone, maybe multiple someone's got more than 6.5% off. I have NO doubt that it is possible. I know there are monies available to dealers based on the number of cars sold during a period of time (apparently one year).

The typical deal does NOT in any way suggest you should not ASK for a better deal -- what can it hurt?

On the other hand, the number of folks who actually get 9% or whatever, is probably very very small.

Don't stress out on this -- the best deal is the deal that makes you happy.

I'm DELIGHTED with 6.5%, but I love the car -- and it is the first car, in 40 years, that I did NOT lease.

My CPA told me, buy houses, rent cars -- UNLESS you can keep the car 5-7 years. This would be a first for me.

But, I got the thing at the beginning of the 8 year Audi cycle. So I might make it. If I don't, I will certainly have equity -- first time for everything.

Thing is, most folks rent apartments and buy cars -- I'll let you know how this works out, give me a few years though.

Go for the 9% deal, what could it hurt?
Old 07-05-2017, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

To me there are two main reasons I like to lease:
  1. A pice of mind that if something happenes to a car and there is a carfax record i won't lose money when selling the car.
  2. I don't want to keep the car past the watranty.
This is from my past experience and i guess bad luck.
Having said that i did buy my B8.5 at the lease end since it was in immaculate condition with little over 20k mi. However, the warranty would end by the end of year and who knows if some idiot decided to hit me on the road.
(I had a bad experience when my B6 S4 was hit by teenager and there was carfax record on it.)
Old 07-05-2017, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ivansis
To me there are two main reasons I like to lease:
  1. A pice of mind that if something happenes to a car and there is a carfax record i won't lose money when selling the car.
  2. I don't want to keep the car past the watranty.
This is from my past experience and i guess bad luck.
Having said that i did buy my B8.5 at the lease end since it was in immaculate condition with little over 20k mi. However, the warranty would end by the end of year and who knows if some idiot decided to hit me on the road.
(I had a bad experience when my B6 S4 was hit by teenager and there was carfax record on it.)
I leased 30 of my 33 Audis. My wife purchased her 2014 SQ5 and her 2018 SQ5, I bought the 2018 S4. However, I am 66 years old -- so, it seemed like a "possibility" that I might actually keep this Audi beyond about 50,000 miles -- very rare for me. My 2005 A6 had 60K on it when my lease ended, and my 2014 S4 had close to 55K when its lease ended.

For most people, leasing, I think, is a better financial alternative for most folks who like to have young cars always in warranty. I have been one of those folks for 40 years.

We kept my wife's SQ5 to nearly 94,000 miles and got 27K for it when we bought the 2018 SQ5 Prestige.

Kinda made me a little bit of a believer. But I still would advise most folks to lease.