S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

2020 A4/S4 AUDI CONNECT ISSUE?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

Mine shows Google lower right, MAXTAR at top--no idea why the MIB3 cars would not be ready. In fact, looking at other threads on AudiWorld, earlier when the Google Map termination was announced, the referenced Audi articles said only older cars were incompatible. I'm not convinced I need an "update" but will go next week unless the my Connect Prime purchase gets acknowledged on the app and "miraculously" the satellite map reappears. It is odd to me that while in the trial, through Dec 5, when the trial included Connect Prime Plus, I had the satellite map. Dec 6 I did not. After the purchase on the app, nothing has changed. The Audi rep on the call I made to Audi Experience was surprised I still had WiFi without the satellite map, but she acknowledged this is all new. Why this can't be OTA puzzles me, as well. The service writer at the dealer also said I need the update.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Second update today, the satellite map is back. I can only surmise the Audi folks processed my Connect Prime purchase and the car recognized it. For anyone else who has their 6 month trial expire, I'll list my experience and I invite any corrections or new explanations.
Sunday: Car was delivered June 5, no satellite map Dec 6 ("Subscription expired" when I selected Satellite Map, Audi had not given any notice or attempted to sell me any upgrade)
Sunday: Purchased Connect Prime via MyAudi app
Wednesday: Satellite map returns, no action on my part, no notice from Audi other than the credit card charge had posted earlier. Still says Google lower right, MAXTAR up top.

It would appear that MIB3 owners do not need any TSB software update to keep satellite maps, just buy Prime or Prime Plus, but I may be wrong. Unexplained is why I never lost the WiFi hotspot connection to internet despite losing the satellite map.

Here's the version info as of today.
2020 A5

Old 12-10-2020, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update: Today (Thursday) I got a welcome email and "Initializing Connection" for the one year Prime subscription. All in all it was handled timely after I subscribed following the trial, but neither the Audi Experience folks nor the dealership service reps understand MIB3.
Old 07-05-2021, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Confusing

I heard that Audi/Verizon were coming out with wifi-only options. Has anyone heard that detail??
Old 12-15-2022, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audi told me today that there is no update for my 2020 Q5 or any other 2020. For other years you can buy an upgrade for $265 and MAYBE it might work on my car. I accepted and we went to the service guy who said he tried it just a few days ago on a 2020 like mine and it didn't work. They just shrugged their shoulders.
Problem being that when I go to sell or trade in I've got a defective car. I just lost a lot of value with that shrug. Is there a class action law suit anywhere?
Old 12-15-2022, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbaWon
Audi told me today that there is no update for my 2020 Q5 or any other 2020. For other years you can buy an upgrade for $265 and MAYBE it might work on my car. I accepted and we went to the service guy who said he tried it just a few days ago on a 2020 like mine and it didn't work. They just shrugged their shoulders.
Problem being that when I go to sell or trade in I've got a defective car. I just lost a lot of value with that shrug. Is there a class action law suit anywhere?
a defective car for what exactly?

audi connect is subscription based. There are no updates done at the dealer for audi connect.

so unless you’ve paid audi for the connectivity in the app, there is nothing for you to do at this point. The subscription for the additional app functions is totally optional and nothing that is required
Old 12-15-2022, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Frazilrock
Just purchased my S4 on Friday last week. Audi has been trying to connect my AUDI Connect but apparently the entire batch of vehicles are having issues direct from the source (allegedly).
Anyone else having this problem? Dealer says they think it's because ATT is being dropped for Verizon as the main carrier this month. Just a heads up to current shoppers.

Side note: LOVE MY S4! Wonderful sleeper.
Plenty of power to pass the grandmas on my morning commute, quiet cabin for now (until I get my new down pipes) and the suspension seems to absorb everything i've thrown at it.
Only tiny complain is the interior lighting on the center console by where I habitually rest my leg while driving. Sucker gets pretty hot.
I turned down the brightness and that seems to to help.
I spent most of this afternoon trying to figure about whats up with my 2022 anything that has to do with the internet isn't working, i went to my service dept closest to my home and without looking at the car they said Audi Connect is down globally. I spent another hour with Audi Connect on CHAT to comfirm but that rep was unaware of any system outages, Will i was on chat I called two other Atlanta dealerships and they confirmed its a global issue with most but not all 2020 - 2022 models. if Verizon is being dropped and causing the issue... what happens to our money I've prepaid for a year of service ????
Old 04-13-2024, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default audi connect

i can no longer connect my 2017 audi a4 to Audi Connect. anybody has this problem as well. any solution since Audi's helplines are of no use!
Old 04-13-2024, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 287 Likes on 232 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post25670508

@newsinter - you are affected by the 3G shutdown for Audi vehicles.