S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waffles
does it maintain your residual in terms of % (eg 54%) or $? kind of important to figure out before you sign a new lease don't you think?

also bad move on all season tires, comes with a 135mph limiter

also your dad is a terrible financial analyst. the resale value on a 55k S4 after 2 years with <40k miles on it will be a lot higher than $17k, "you don't know market conditions" rofl

Thanks for the very constructive comments. If you would read my original posts, I suggested a few times that I am NOT signing a new lease! I get to keep my original lease; therefore it maintains the original lease residual, which is at $17,400.

Its ok, I don't think I will go beyond 100 mph, let alone 135mph. I'd like to know where you drive your car above 135 mph? Maybe I can make a trip there...

Not having knowledge a car's resale value has nothing to do with the type of financial analyst my father is. Thanks for your judgement. Obviously you know how he has managed your funds over your lifetime. [sarcasm]...

Some people I tell ya...
Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

ssedha, Did you confirm in writing all the terms as promised verbally as we discussed earlier? Just curious.

Also, I would remind everyone to dispense with negative personal comments. Points of view are fine but we need to keep it civil.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ssedha
Thanks for the very constructive comments. If you would read my original posts, I suggested a few times that I am NOT signing a new lease! I get to keep my original lease; therefore it maintains the original lease residual, which is at $17,400.

Its ok, I don't think I will go beyond 100 mph, let alone 135mph. I'd like to know where you drive your car above 135 mph? Maybe I can make a trip there...

Not having knowledge a car's resale value has nothing to do with the type of financial analyst my father is. Thanks for your judgement. Obviously you know how he has managed your funds over your lifetime. [sarcasm]...

Some people I tell ya...
just so i have this clear

you have the option of, for an S4:

- you pay $374/month to lease it (normally it's at least 2x that)
- you are allowed 45k miles in TWO YEARS on your lease (you'll probably put 30k on it max)
- at the end of the lease, you can buy out the car for $17k then turn around and probably sell it for 40k

and in light of this situation, you are:

1. concerned about whether this is a good idea, unable to cough up 5-6k cash, or you are but really concerned over whether the $1k sport differential is worth it, and
2. your dad says not to do it because he's not sure about the crazy "market conditions" that might make the car drop to less than 1/3 original value with 2 years and 30k imles on it

do i have that all right???
Old 10-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

just so i have this clear

you have the option of, for an S4:

- you pay $374/month to lease it (normally it's at least 2x that)
- you are allowed 45k miles in TWO YEARS on your lease (you'll probably put 30k on it max)
- at the end of the lease, you can buy out the car for $17k then turn around and probably sell it for 40k

and in light of this situation, you are:

1. concerned about whether this is a good idea, unable to cough up 5-6k cash, or you are but really concerned over whether the $1k sport differential is worth it, and
2. your dad says not to do it because he's not sure about the crazy "market conditions" that might make the car drop to less than 1/3 original value with 2 years and 30k imles on it

do i have that all right???
1) I pay $395 a month to lease it
2) Yes
3) Yes @ $17,400. Not sure about the 40k. I don't think there is any written guarantee. The residual of car (If I lease brand new) is 54% for 3 yrs @ 15k a year. If you have insider info, please do care to share.

1) Look again. I believe I have already said I'm going for the S4. Yes initially I was concerned about the A4 vs the S4. I decided on the S4, but wasn't sure on the Sport Diff.
2) My dad says to keep my cash with me. He didn't say not to do it. He said what a wise financial analyst would say. Which was to keep my cash. He said in 3 yrs time, no one knows what the market condition could be. (Example. The F30s came out, the 2009 BMWs are now cheaper than what they were before the F30).

You may have misinterpreted some of the information I presented...

Anyways, if you don't have anything to contribute towards my conundrum on the Sport Diff., then no need to post. Simple as that. If you are one that belongs to the 'if I don't get the Sport Diff. then get the A4' - don't post. If you truly drove an S4 without Sport Diff., and then with one, please share your experience. I'd like an honest opinion. I don't even know what you drive... Maybe you drive one of those super modified S4s. Not everyone has cash outlay like you may have. anyways. Good night and peace to you Sir! and please continue to contribute with your awe inspiring posts!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Get the sports diff. It is only a 1K difference and the car rides like a rail on turns. Your lease will only go up a few $.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
ssedha, Did you confirm in writing all the terms as promised verbally as we discussed earlier? Just curious.

Also, I would remind everyone to dispense with negative personal comments. Points of view are fine but we need to keep it civil.
Yes. I have that in an e-mail. I have asked those questions numerous times and gotten the same reply in an email. Or are you referring to something that has their letterhead and her signature stating that everything will be the same? The person I speak to (or is my contact at VW) has repeatedly assured me nothing changes. I continue to make my payment to VW Financial. At my lease end (Jan 2016) I have an option of purchasing the S4 for $17,4XX.

Maybe I'll shoot her an email tomorrow to see if she can provide that in a letter as well! After all, I do not want any surprises.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ssedha
3) Yes @ $17,400. Not sure about the 40k. I don't think there is any written guarantee. The residual of car (If I lease brand new) is 54% for 3 yrs @ 15k a year. If you have insider info, please do care to share.

(Example. The F30s came out, the 2009 BMWs are now cheaper than what they were before the F30).

You may have misinterpreted some of the information I presented...

I'd like an honest opinion. I don't even know what you drive... Maybe you drive one of those super modified S4s. Not everyone has cash outlay like you may have. anyways. Good night and peace to you Sir! and please continue to contribute with your awe inspiring posts!!!
Why don't you look up 2 year old S4s @ 30k miles or so and see what it gets you. It might not be 40k but it's way way way higher than 17k. This is an Audi S4, not a Jaguar. It's not gonna depreciate 66% in 2 years lmao.

"Not everyone has cash outlay like you may have"

Typically I assume people who are looking into a 50-60k car won't have a situation where 5-6k cash out of hand makes or breaks the bank

in general i'm just highly amused at the absurdity of your thought process

hey guys i can lease an s4 at 1/2 price for only 2 years then buy it out and resell for at least 10k profit

should it do it or go with a free a4?????????

then

hey really really stressing over this $1000 feature that everyone is telling me to get, nevermind that i make it back 10x when i sell the car

mind if ask how old you are
Old 10-08-2013, 04:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Why don't you look up 2 year old S4s @ 30k miles or so and see what it gets you. It might not be 40k but it's way way way higher than 17k. This is an Audi S4, not a Jaguar. It's not gonna depreciate 66% in 2 years lmao.

"Not everyone has cash outlay like you may have"

Typically I assume people who are looking into a 50-60k car won't have a situation where 5-6k cash out of hand makes or breaks the bank

in general i'm just highly amused at the absurdity of your thought process

hey guys i can lease an s4 at 1/2 price for only 2 years then buy it out and resell for at least 10k profit

should it do it or go with a free a4?????????

then

hey really really stressing over this $1000 feature that everyone is telling me to get, nevermind that i make it back 10x when i sell the car

mind if ask how old you are
Wow! Just Wow!

Anyways... For all of you that opted to provide genuine help and honest opinions, I thank you and appreciate your time. Obviously some of us are very much still in high school and want to sound superior by showing others down or even insulting them!

Like I had mentioned in a few posts before this drivel started, I did order the S4. I test drove both the Sport Diff. & one without it. I couldn't tell that much of a difference. So I opted not to get it! I'm sure many of you will say I made a mistake and will regret it. But I want to spend some of that money towards AudiCare instead!

Once again, thank you very much for your help I was really clueless about Audis. Reading a lot of these forums & threads have got me educated on a lot of stuff Audi related. The S4 will be a great car and I'm sure to enjoy it every single day..

Cheers!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I suggested you guys stop with the back and forth argumentative comments but apparently, it was ignored. The OP has made his decision and continuing with this discussion no longer has merit. So, this thread is now closed.