S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

What interior dressing do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What interior dressing do you use?

The faux leather-look dash and door panels are a strange material on the S4, and the quick detailer I've used on other cars for years seems to sort of repel the dressing leaves streaks on this material. What do others use/like?

Also, which parts of the nappa leather seats are real leather (i.e. use a leather conditioner not an interior dressing) and which are fake?

On the prestige, is the "leather" panel above the nappa armrests leather or is it some type of vinyl where you just use a regular interior dressing?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:03 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by EF99
The faux leather-look dash and door panels are a strange material on the S4, and the quick detailer I've used on other cars for years seems to sort of repel the dressing leaves streaks on this material. What do others use/like?

Also, which parts of the nappa leather seats are real leather (i.e. use a leather conditioner not an interior dressing) and which are fake?

On the prestige, is the "leather" panel above the nappa armrests leather or is it some type of vinyl where you just use a regular interior dressing?
http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...ertrade-wipes/

I don't like any greasy cleaners/dressing.

The full leather nappa seats are all leather. You are thinking of standard A4 seats which have "leather seating surfaces" but pleather side bolsters.

The leather panel above the armrest is real leather too.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gk1
http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...ertrade-wipes/

I don't like any greasy cleaners/dressing.

The full leather nappa seats are all leather. You are thinking of standard A4 seats which have "leather seating surfaces" but pleather side bolsters.

The leather panel above the armrest is real leather too.
That's odd. The Mequiars QID is what I was using and had the problems with. I have the spray bottle not the wipes. Maybe it has a shelf life and mine is expired.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by EF99

I usually use Einszett Cockpit Premium, and have had no problems; I've also used Aerospace Protectant 303 with no problem. In fact, the relatively textured dash and door surfaces of my B8 S4 seem to take these dressings better than the smoother surfaces of my old B7 A4, which would show streaking using the Aerospace 303.

As someone already mentioned, I believe that the door panel inserts, the entire seats (except the rear kick panel of the front seats), the center armrest, and the steering wheel, shift ****, and boot are all genuine leather.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi Driving Giraffe
I usually use Einszett Cockpit Premium, and have had no problems

+1. A stand-out product.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 re: Einszett.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:50 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I mix a small amount of Murphy Oil Soap with warm water then use a microfiber towel to wipe it all down. I've done this for 15+ years on numerous cars.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Never use any product on dash or cluster, just use a dry microfiber, if its a little more dirty I usually use a lightly damp microfiber.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by CHAUCH
Never use any product on dash or cluster, just use a dry microfiber, if its a little more dirty I usually use a lightly damp microfiber.
You can put all sorts of things on the dash without any issue. It's just plastic.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI, Armor All has just released a non shiny non greasy version. I bought some to try on my other cars before I use it on the S4. Haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know what I think. Probably clean up the interior this week end.

Quick Reply: What interior dressing do you use?