S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Water pump blew up.....want my free audicare.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump blew up.....want my free audicare.

Anybody know who I should talk to or email to avoid multiple transferred calls or emails going nowhere? Many thanks in advance!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

"If you currently own an Audi and have questions or concerns about your ownership experience, and would like to speak with a Customer Relations Advocate call 1-800-822-2834 (AUDI), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 9 pm, Eastern Time."

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/a...tact_audi.html
Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ssaa77
Anybody know who I should talk to or email to avoid multiple transferred calls or emails going nowhere? Many thanks in advance!
So...if your water pump blew up, you should be just getting it to the dealership for them to replace it under warranty. Audicare, although well worth the money I paid for it, would not apply here. Just for scheduled maintenance during the warranty period. You can purchase it on or before the first scheduled maintenance....I believe. That's what I did.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Crucible35
So...if your water pump blew up, you should be just getting it to the dealership for them to replace it under warranty. Audicare, although well worth the money I paid for it, would not apply here. Just for scheduled maintenance during the warranty period. You can purchase it on or before the first scheduled maintenance....I believe. That's what I did.
Sounds to me like the OP expects a freebie for the inconvenience.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Zed 2.0
Sounds to me like the OP expects a freebie for the inconvenience.
Oh.....I see. Well, that ain't gonna happen...lol
Old 01-04-2011, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, quite a few people have received a compensation from AoA after complaining about the water pump blow-out.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FINA4
Well, quite a few people have received a compensation from AoA after complaining about the water pump blow-out.
Yep, and the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so start squeaking - LOUD.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FINA4
yes, I am one.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Crucible35
Oh.....I see. Well, that ain't gonna happen...lol
They offered it to me , Unsolicited. Took a 1 month lease payment credit installed Audi customer relations. I would be civil with them. Express your dissatisfaction with Audi knowing the parts will fail and not have a recall.Audi has already replaced the part in current production. Express to them how Audi is doing their owners a disservice and creating a potentially dangerous situation. NO guarantee they will offer YOU anything. If they don't, ask for compensation. The worst that can happen is that they say no.

Last edited by DrGP; 01-04-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I also was spontaneously offered and given the free Audicare. Called Audi America customer service and asked them to approve a car clean-up and detail to attempt to minimize the damage/smell from the coolant explosion in my engine bay. I politely expressed frustration with the known part failure, coolant all over my engine compartment, inconvenvience, etc. Audi's willingness to acknowledge my frustration went a long way in helping me forgive them for the water-pump debacle. I love my S4 and am glad to have mostly positive feelings about the whole experience (saves me $850 for 2 days' inconvenience, though I had known for weeks it was only a matter of time).

Quick Reply: Water pump blew up.....want my free audicare.