S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

ViseeO Tune2Air

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 06:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ViseeO Tune2Air

I put off buying a Tune2Air for my 2012 S4 until last week, but finally caved since I listen to Pandora a lot.

But I ran into issues, and am wondering if it was the unit, or if it's something that others had happen to them with a 3G MMI.

I plugged it in, and it didn't like connecting from the get-go. It took a few tries pairing with my iPhone 5S, until it finally took and the MMI recognized it as a valid source for audio (showed up in the media selection screen). It then gave me the 'Reading' notice forever, and never actually showed the songs I had on my iPod. While it was doing this, I switched over to Pandora and it did play audio -- sort of... The sound quality wasn't great, and none of the steering wheel controls worked. I could turn down the volume (that was the only thing I could do with the car), but the volume up wouldn't work until I switched source (ie - turned the radio on for a moment) and turned up the volume there, and then switched back to Pandora. It also liked to pause. A LOT. It paused more than it played...

My question for you fine folks is whether or not this is typical, or if it was the T2A unit I got -- maybe a dud? I used the WMA1000, which I believe is the correct model for my 12 S4 with 3G MMI...right?

Anyone had similar issues with these things?...
Old 07-14-2014, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've got the WMA1000 and a 2012, and a 5S. My initial pairing didn't work right away, though I didn't read any directions admittedly. 2nd pairing worked right away and I've been streaming Pandora, iTunes & Amazon without any problems since then.

have you updated the firmware?
Old 07-14-2014, 06:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The MMI firmware, or the T2A firmware? MMI firmware is current for sure, as I just had it in for service not more than 4 weeks ago. If you're talking about the ViseeO T2A, how do you go about doing that? I didn't see anything in the directions about that needing to happen...

I tried pairing a boatload of times, and had the same result. Junk.

Originally Posted by StumpJumper
I've got the WMA1000 and a 2012, and a 5S. My initial pairing didn't work right away, though I didn't read any directions admittedly. 2nd pairing worked right away and I've been streaming Pandora, iTunes & Amazon without any problems since then.

have you updated the firmware?
Old 07-14-2014, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

the tune2air firmware, it's available on their page after you create a log in

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_Down_Detail.asp?hidShowID=15
Old 07-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, that's handy... As long as nobody has gripes with them as a whole, and it seems that's the case, I might as well give it another go.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by StumpJumper
the tune2air firmware, it's available on their page after you create a log in

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_Down_Detail.asp?hidShowID=15
Old 07-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had a few problems. When I initially go to media and choose my phone, it automatically goes to my music. To get pandora to play I have to manually play pandora from my phone. (iphone 5) . Also, if I am playing pandora from my iphone and listening on earphones, if I get in the vacinity of my car, it shuts off the music to the earphones Aparently it auto connects and I loose the ability to listen through the earphones. Also have trouble finding the Pandora on the mmi screen. Sometimes there are 5 different pandoras displayed under "purchased". Not complaining. Most likely these problems are directly related to me not knowing how to operate the MMI controls properly.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay, got my new Tune2Air and am trying to update it. I might be dumb, but I pride myself on not being stupid... Am I missing something, or do you need to email the ViseeO people to get a registration code to update the firmware?... If so, dumbest thing I have ever heard...

A product that doesn't work out of the box, requires updates, and then requires a lengthy wait for the other side of the world to email you a manual 64-bit encrypted code... BRUTAL.

Last edited by Digital_Bees; 07-18-2014 at 11:03 AM.