S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Uh-Oh APR exhaust came today damaged from ECS Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uh-Oh APR exhaust came today damaged from ECS Tuning!

I just got my APR exhaust delivered today and upon standard procedure of checking an (expensive) item like this, all the components including all the pipes,mufflers and amount of hardware seemed ok until I pulled out the X-pipe assembly carefully from the box.This nasty dent on the side of the resonator pipe pisses me off and I will be contacting ECS Tuning regarding a return of this part of the exhaust.
Also,the hardware bag was falling apart and spilling bolts,nuts and washers when I went to take it out the box.Unacceptable and unprofessional and questions whether I will order anything from them again as this is a warning for all who order ANY exhaust from ANYBODY-CHECK EVERYTHING!!.
Attached Images    

Last edited by BLACK10-S4P; 08-09-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry you got damaged goods. That is a nasty ding in the center resonators Might not be an issue, but I wouldn't take the chance with these being harmonically tuned.

Knowing Chris and the guys at ECS they will make this right, and it's not their fault it was damaged in transit, it's not like they did then, then sent it off to you.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know who exactly to blame-APR who probably packaged it-ECS TUNING for not checking it for damage or UPS who might have bungled the delivery.
All I know is that this might have an effect on the exhaust flow especially in the sound resonation and that I paid a pretty penny for this system.
I swear my luck can really suck sometimes
Old 08-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Check the tracking number. Most likely the product was drop shipped directly from APR without ECS even touching it.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yup always check the tracking number when you are buying some car parts online and bring it back to the dealer immediately.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because clearly this is ECS Tuning's fault. </sarcasm>

**** happens. ECS/APR will take care of it. No reason to post kneejerk warnings like this that only serve to discredit you. Unacceptable and Unprofessional? The only thing unprofessional is running in here and posting this without giving the vendors a chance to fix the issue.

Poor, poor form.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zerinS4
Because clearly this is ECS Tuning's fault. </sarcasm>

**** happens. ECS/APR will take care of it. No reason to post kneejerk warnings like this that only serve to discredit you. Unacceptable and Unprofessional? The only thing unprofessional is running in here and posting this without giving the vendors a chance to fix the issue.

Poor, poor form.
Calm yourself

The OP venting a bit of stress and irritation does not mean you reply with a post that serves no purpose to what is being talked about.

Only does nothing but discredit you
Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

what Zerin means, I think is that you try to get this resolved first with your suppliers directly before posting something like this here.

Bruce
Old 08-09-2010, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
what Zerin means, I think is that you try to get this resolved first with your suppliers directly before posting something like this here.

Bruce
Regardless of what his aim was. There was no need for his comments.

But I understand what you are saying and completely agree.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this the first time you got something damaged in the mail?

Quick Reply: Uh-Oh APR exhaust came today damaged from ECS Tuning!