S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Time from "In Production"

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My order time line looks like this so far.

Order Entry - 6/19/09
Release to Manuf - 6/29/09
Release for Production - 7/30/09
Factory Inspected - 08/28/09
Depature Port Arrived - 09/02/09
Ship Loaded - 09/08/09
Port Arrived - 09/29/09
Old 09-30-2009, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I suspect that production lines are getting things down now (you know how efficiencies can increase whenever you get used to a routine) and possibly due to increased demand another line was brought up to handle demands from the suddenly crazy shrinking delivery times.
Perhaps the opposite may be correct. Lack of demand would push our orders up as well. I ordered on 9/3 and my dealer said today that the car will be in on 11/16. Initially we were expecting 1st or 2nd week of Dec.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lack of demand could definitely have this effect, but I can't say that I have seen any evidence of this - especially considering all the recent great press as the comparison articles have been coming out in the last month. Likewise, I'm still not seen very many at the dealers (non orders) arrive, so someone is buying them up. The 2 each at each of the dealers near me are now gone!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Lack of demand could definitely have this effect, but I can't say that I have seen any evidence of this - especially considering all the recent great press as the comparison articles have been coming out in the last month. Likewise, I'm still not seen very many at the dealers (non orders) arrive, so someone is buying them up. The 2 each at each of the dealers near me are now gone!
I wouldn't have thought so except that the dealer I ordered mine from still has the one I test drove a month ago on Ebay and the other one they had is still in stock on their own site. A few phone calls from other dealers which I had visited trying to push their existing inventory on me isn't helping my impression of market demand either. I'm surprised.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by voltrons_head
I wouldn't have thought so except that the dealer I ordered mine from still has the one I test drove a month ago on Ebay and the other one they had is still in stock on their own site. A few phone calls from other dealers which I had visited trying to push their existing inventory on me isn't helping my impression of market demand either. I'm surprised.

I've seen the same thing with multiple dealers in my area sitting on S4s and more sales pressure than should be "necessary". The two dealers have 5 or 6 cars between them and not one as sold. I just ordered mine the other day for just barely over invoice...and that was an order. I'm wondering if this is a regional thing or if this represents the S4 sales in general. I would be very surprised if the new S4 isn't going to be as popular as they are saying. Perhaps it could also be that not enough of the general population are aware of the new changes yet even though those who follow the car world have known about them for quite sometime.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to wonder if it is regional as well. Not that I am going to complain if A) my car gets here faster, or B) if it becomes something you see less of on the roads - unless that means it's harder to get modifications and businesses willing to try out new things and mods for them that is

As of now there are only 3 in the greater Seattle area at the dealerships (there were 4, 2 of which have been sold from Barrier which have none on hand now)

None here: http://www.barriermotors.com/MiscPage_17 (choose the S4, and the only one here now is the 2 door '09 Cabriolet)

2 here: http://www.universityaudi.com/invent...AAudi~Model%3A

Only 1 here: http://www.larsonporscheaudi.com/inv...-audi-s4&s=new
Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not that I am going to complain if A) my car gets here faster, or B) if it becomes something you see less of on the roads
Agreed.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Default My car was Departure Port Arrived yesterday

Hope to see it on Nov 9
Old 10-01-2009, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by folgen nie
Hope to see it on Nov 9
Dude, you're going to see it in 3 weeks or less if it's at the German port.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it's kinda hot and cold around the Metro DC area. HBL sold all of their initial cars. The remaining dealers have had mixed success.

Quick Reply: Time from "In Production"