S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Thoughts on Stasis Suspension Tweeks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on Stasis Suspension Tweeks?

Has anybody, done the suspension modification offered by Stasis. If so what do you think?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mountian_A4
Has anybody, done the suspension modification offered by Stasis. If so what do you think?
(raises hand) Meemeemeemeemee!

STaSIS "Touring" suspension and v2.0 ECU tune on my car. When combined with ADS this is the perfect setup, IMO. Stance is perfect, ride is OEM-like, handling is amazing, power is intoxicating.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mountian_A4
Ohlins are good, but need to be rebuilt often. Not a fan of lowering springs, and IMO Stasis' are overpriced. If you want sways go with Eurocode's USS bars and end links rather than Stasis' rear bar only approach.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by helix139
...Not a fan of lowering springs...
Question: Which aftermarket suspension setup do you have on your car?
Old 05-03-2013, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
Question: Which aftermarket suspension setup do you have on your car?
I have Eurocode's USS and Alu Kreuz. IMO, lowering springs are a compromise, unless you get matched dampers. While you lower your center of gravity, you lose travel, your alignment is off, and either the spring rate has to be stiffer to keep your car from hitting the bump stops all the time from the loss of travel, in which case you are underdamped. It will feel faster because of the reduction in body roll, and may often actually be faster if the body roll is severe enough that the car rolls over onto the sidewall during hard cornering. The tradeoff is in the ride, which will be worse by necessity no matter if everything else is done correctly.

Just my opinion, but having suspension travel on a 4000lb sedan is a very good thing. I wouldn't want to get rid of more than an inch of it, and I wouldn't want to get rid of any of it without matched springs and dampers. The only two ways to get matched springs and dampers on this platform are either to get coilovers or to spend a lot of money testing out custom setups until you hit the right one, as I don't think anyone here has access to a 7 post machine.

I just want the OP to be aware that changing anything on the suspension that affects the geometry can have unintended consequences.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have Eurocode's USS and Alu Kreuz...
So the OP asked for feedback regarding STaSIS, but you don't have any STaSIS stuff - you just have opinions. Okaaaayyyy.....

In 48K miles of street and track driving with my STaSIS suspension, I've never hit a bump stop, had any alignment, damper or tire wear issues, nor any problems whatsoever.

Those are facts, not opinions.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So the OP asked for feedback regarding STaSIS, but you don't have any STaSIS stuff - you just have opinions. Okaaaayyyy.....

In 48K miles of street and track driving with my STaSIS suspension, I've never hit a bump stop, had any alignment, damper or tire wear issues, nor any problems whatsoever.

Those are facts, not opinions.
Not sure why you're so defensive. You have Stasis and you like it. Great. Doesn't mean it is the best option. Unless you have adjustable control arms, you do have alignment issues in front. Also, I never said you would hit the bump stop. I said that when you put on lowering springs, they naturally have to be stiffer to keep you from bottoming out, and when they are stiffer they naturally aren't matched to the stock dampers which are designed for the stock spring height and rate. I don't have to have personal experience with a set of lowering springs to understand their dynamics and how they affect a suspension setup.

And unless I am mistaken, this is a message board and the whole purpose is opinions. Your experience still doesn't change the fact that Stasis' sells overpriced rebranded springs. Your car may indeed handle better than a stock S4, or it may be that you perceive it as faster. It also may be that your car may be slower than an equivalent car with USS and the AK instead of Stasis' springs and bars. We don't have any data. Like it or not, your positive experience with Stasis is OPINION also.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

...You have Stasis and you like it...
Yep, and that's the only opinion I've offered, and it's based on my personal experience. That IS what the OP asked for, by the way - feedback from those who have actually experienced STaSIS stuff, like me.

Your entire posts have been nothing but opinion ("overpriced"), supposition ("alignment issues") and assumption ("it will feel faster"), but without a single fact.

You've also never even personally used any STaSIS stuff, so your opinion isn't even an informed one - "like it or not".

Last edited by ZCD2.7T; 05-03-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yep, and that's the only opinion I've offered, and it's based on my personal experience. That IS what the OP asked for, by the way - feedback from those who have actually experienced STaSIS stuff, like me.

Your entire posts have been nothing but opinion ("overpriced"), supposition ("alignment issues") and assumption ("it will feel faster"), but without a single fact.

You've also never even personally used any STaSIS stuff, so your opinion isn't even an informed one - "like it or not".
The alignment problems are fact. You cannot properly align the car when lowered unless you have adjustable upper control arms. Numerous posts on multiple forums acknowledge this fact. The overpriced part is fact also. You can get the same exact springs from another manufacturer (H&R I believe is the one who makes Stasis' springs) and you will pay less. Thus, Stasis springs are overpriced.

And as I said...I don't have to actually have bought an overpriced set of springs to have an informed opinion on it. The same way I don't have to own APR Stage II to objectively observe that it will make more power, and the same way I don't have to have a Revo tune to observe that their logs show a risky amount of timing on pump gas when IATs start to rise.

Springs alone are always going to be a compromise. For you, that compromise is fine. For me, I don't find the tradeoffs worth the money. And yes, there are tradeoffs whether or not you acknowledge them.

But whatever, continue to try to discredit what I'm posting. Nothing I've posted has been factually incorrect, however. Why not let the OP make his own judgement instead of acting like a Stasis fanboy that just had his cheerios pissed in.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

...The overpriced part is fact also.
Ummmm, NO, because other spring/aftermarket equipment vendors don't offer the same type of warranty that STaSIS does, so that's an apples to oranges comparison. And if the alignment question was a real-world issue, then why don't my tire wear patterns show signs of mis-alignment such as cupping or uneven wear?

...But whatever...
Nice - so you've devolved into name-calling. Classy.

I don't try to push my agenda on those who haven't asked for my opinion. You appear to have an axe to grind with STaSIS, or you wouldn't take every opportunity to try to discredit their stuff. All the bile you're spewing in their direction is based on your opinions of stuff you've never used. Generalizations with no basis in real-world experience don't carry much weight (except in your world I guess)

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Stasis Suspension Tweeks?