S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Thoughts on color

Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on color

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and about to place an order for a 2014 S4. I know that colors are subjective but would love to get thoughts on scratches/swirls and resale value for Volcano Red vs Estoril Blue.
Any other comments on these two colors are welcome! Thanks!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kristtov
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and about to place an order for a 2014 S4. I know that colors are subjective but would love to get thoughts on scratches/swirls and resale value for Volcano Red vs Estoril Blue.
Any other comments on these two colors are welcome! Thanks!
I went back and forth between those 2 colors as well, ultimately settling on the blue. Mine is still on order so I can't comment on the swirls/scratches other than from what I've read. It's a dark color so it's going to show more. But when it's clean it's also going to look amazing. I know it'll take more work to keep it that way but I decided it's a car, it's going to get some scratches and unless I'm right up against the car looking for them it's not a big deal, but that's me. I think the volcano red would also show the swirls/scratches as well, maybe not as much as the blue, but certainly more than the white, silver, or gray would.

No clue on resale value, but not many people have the Volcano Red, so perhaps it's not that popular of a color so it would be a little more difficult to sell privately. If you plan on trading it in I doubt it would make any difference. Otherwise it would be pretty exclusive out there.

Good luck!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have Estoril Blue and I love the color. It is a high maintenance color but I'm not going to be **** about every little swirl in the finish. When it's clean, it looks incredible. If you're a freak about keeping the finish pristine, it's a lot of work. Can't compare to Volcano Red because I have no experience with that color, but Estoril looks great and I think resale shouldn't be an issue.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm heading to the dealer to pick up my Estoril Blue 2014 S4 in 30 minutes!! I saw it on Saturday in the dealer and the blue is strikingly amazing on it. All dark colors are going to have issues keeping clean, but the blue is an amazing color on the S4 in my opinion.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Congrats! Very jealous right now.
Please post a picture if you get a chance!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Volcano red would probably be the least number of units produced. Probably because it is the least popular. I went to order my 2014 s4 with volcano. When I got to the dealership there was a Volcano red a4 in the showroom. I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Just too orange for me. You need to see one in person before you decide. I love the Estoril Blue, but I'm a red car guy. Many that have the Estoril have complained how easy it gets scratches and swirl marks.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Volcano red would probably be the least number of units produced. Probably because it is the least popular. I went to order my 2014 s4 with volcano. When I got to the dealership there was a Volcano red a4 in the showroom. I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Just too orange for me. You need to see one in person before you decide. I love the Estoril Blue, but I'm a red car guy. Many that have the Estoril have complained how easy it gets scratches and swirl marks.
I like the Volcano Red. Wife not so much. So we got ice silver metallic. easy to keep clean and does not attract much attention from the police. the S4 Prestige should arrive at the dealer any day.

Best
Old 03-25-2014, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have had 3 A4 leases all in brilliant black for the last 9 years. Time for a new one. Thought I might change the color to ice silver. Online and in the Audi catalog, the silver is beautiful but at the dealership, it almost looked white. Is this one of the palest silvers ever or what? So different than the A4 book. Should I just stick with black, seeing as Audis look great in black? Or do I go for the silver?
Old 03-26-2014, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gaily-ann
I have had 3 A4 leases all in brilliant black for the last 9 years. Time for a new one. Thought I might change the color to ice silver. Online and in the Audi catalog, the silver is beautiful but at the dealership, it almost looked white. Is this one of the palest silvers ever or what? So different than the A4 book. Should I just stick with black, seeing as Audis look great in black? Or do I go for the silver?
I am sure plenty of people will disagree but i vote brilliant black! After much debate between midnight blue, phantom, and brilliant I opted for brilliant for an SQ5 (on order). Any dark color is going to require a bit more TLC but i think its hard to beat a clean black Audi as you mentioned. Although a lot of people seemed to like how Phantom (or Panther) "change color" in different settings I like that the brilliant is unmistakeably black in all conditions.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by davidjz
I am sure plenty of people will disagree but i vote brilliant black! After much debate between midnight blue, phantom, and brilliant I opted for brilliant for an SQ5 (on order). Any dark color is going to require a bit more TLC but i think its hard to beat a clean black Audi as you mentioned. Although a lot of people seemed to like how Phantom (or Panther) "change color" in different settings I like that the brilliant is unmistakeably black in all conditions.
Thank you. With all the comments, monsoon gray seems pretty popular, too. I am going crazy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts on color