S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Taxmaster's S4

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmay
Wow that's so strange. I would've believed it if it were the other way around.
I'm not surprised at all if you think about that you are paying around $9 for a gallon of regular fuel and still rising so it's just natural that they are heading towards the more fuel efficient automatic transmissions. I think they discontinued manual for S and RS models around 2010 at least.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shivamerlin
I'm not surprised at all if you think about that you are paying around $9 for a gallon of regular fuel and still rising so it's just natural that they are heading towards the more fuel efficient automatic transmissions. I think they discontinued manual for S and RS models around 2010 at least.
But I think the economy between an automatic and manual are somewhat negligible. On the other hand, I do believe the % of autos versus manuals is not even close at the end of the day. Manufacturers probably also take that into consideration. They're probably thinking why build manual trannies when the majority of the population will only buy automatics.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
But I think the economy between an automatic and manual are somewhat negligible. On the other hand, I do believe the % of autos versus manuals is not even close at the end of the day. Manufacturers probably also take that into consideration. They're probably thinking why build manual trannies when the majority of the population will only buy automatics.
You are almost right but keep in mind that the majority of drivers in the US is going for automatic where as drivers in Europe still want their manuals. Believe me, I have lived most of my life in Germany most people are still going for the stick!It's really just the performance cars where you see the manuals disappear...unfortunately.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PhilNotHill
Taxmaster:

Did the S4 come with Mich Pilot SS? They are my favorite sport/summer tire.

Best
Hello PhilNotHill,

No, I ordered the Pilot Super Sports along with the Wheels from CarID for a hell of a deal. I'd strongly recommend them as a merchant, it was a great experience.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats, very nice car! We almost thought you got stuck in your car! :-)

Not sure if the wheels are my favorites but still look much better than the 18" stock peelers...can't wait to get my 19" aftermarket wheels on tomorrow. Keeping my stock wheels for tracking events!

Congratulations again!
Thanks! I actually haven't even seen the 18's that came with the car or what kind of all-season tires they chose! I had to leave a little adventure for myself in September/October time. I took delivery with the custom 19's and Super Sport tires on it!
Old 06-23-2014, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats, Taxmaster! Love the Layered Aluminum/Black Wood Inlays.

I'm happy to see that you've taken delivery of the 2014 S4 order that you were able to change just in time. Like you, I was prompted to search for a 2014 S4 order that could still be changed because the Power Rear Window Sun Shades is not even an option for 2015. Anyway, I hope to be able to take delivery soon as well.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Taxmaster
Thanks! I actually haven't even seen the 18's that came with the car or what kind of all-season tires they chose! I had to leave a little adventure for myself in September/October time. I took delivery with the custom 19's and Super Sport tires on it!
Here you go, I've enclosed a picture with the 18" stock wheels they did come with 245/45 R18 Pirelli P7 summer tires.
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here you go, I've enclosed a picture with the 18" stock wheels they did come with 245/45 R18 Pirelli P7 summer tires.
Ha ha ha, thanks for ruining the surprise for me later in the year! But I ordered the stock 18"s with all season's for the winter time, so at least there is some difference to be excited for!
Old 06-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RedlumF
Congrats, Taxmaster! Love the Layered Aluminum/Black Wood Inlays.

I'm happy to see that you've taken delivery of the 2014 S4 order that you were able to change just in time. Like you, I was prompted to search for a 2014 S4 order that could still be changed because the Power Rear Window Sun Shades is not even an option for 2015. Anyway, I hope to be able to take delivery soon as well.
Did you end up finding a 2014 that you could do this with?
Old 06-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PhilNotHill
Where do you live that you cannot get MT?

Best
Australia. Another territory of manualless S4s.

Quick Reply: Taxmaster's S4