S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Taunting by an M3

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TS - s4
I had the same thing happen to me a month back but it was in the middle of the day with very light traffic and about a 4-5 mile stretch of straight level road wit 3 stop lights. I had stopped at a red light and sure enough looked over to my left and there it was.. a black M3. The road was empty infront of us with at least a 2 mile stretch of straight road. We both looked at each other and neither of us could resist the temptation. i quickly put the S4 into Dynamic mode and slipped the shift lever into manual mode, the light turned green and i was off. From the start i left him by about 3 car lengths and continued to pull ever so slightly at about a 1/4 mile he started to pull in the distance and by about 3/4 - 1 mile mark he had slowly come by me and gained about a car length, there we stayed until we both hit our speed limiters. Then it was all breaks for the up coming red light... we both stopped and looked over at each other with thumbs up.

my 2011 S4 7sp is stock, if i had the tune it may have turned out with me ahead by a car or two but i was very surprised with the out come over all.
Speed limiters eh. I wonder if you can be banned after a single post. Might be a new record.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sweet looking M3 NS!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
Just seems unlikely and that I frequent these areas quite often and never seen anybody pulled over from a confiscated STI,Quattroporte,Mercedes or any other cars they might have seized from drug dealers or pimps.
Don't know where ur from but I been driving in these areas for quite a bit of time and most I've seen is an unmarked Crown Vic,Impala,Camaro,Charger and even a Mustang one time.
As always you have to expect the unexpected I guess.
I live just outside Toronto. My last speeding ticket? A NAVY BLUE VOLVO WAGON! He paced me at 65 mph in a 50 zone. Rural road. Then he pulled me over and I almost didn't stop. He dropped it to 10mph over (well the km/h equivalent).

I've seen minivans driven by cops who pulled people over. I am NEVER surprised.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bobbyd1961
moral of story: dont mess with an M3! whats anoying is when an s5 driver doesnt know what cars can blow them away, such as an M3. not you someone else
not for long. After this weekend, the game is going to change for the Audi S5.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck, the cops down in South FL (West Palm Beach, I think) bought a couple of brand new 5.0 Mustang GTs and have been driving them around baiting people to race them and then nailing them with a violation of an unconstitutional street racing law.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had both and I have to say the S4 (tuned) will beat the M3 (stock) off the line and walk in at speed. You also have to be a good racer in the M3 vs point and shoot in the S4. S4 tuned just has too much torque for the stock M3. Straight line, the E63 trumps them both (just don't hit corners with it...to M3 wins there. Do an aftermarket susp on the S4 and you have an all-around M3-beater. I love them both, by the way...have had 2 S4s and 2 M3s...drooling in anticipation of the next gen M3! Or maybe the next gen RS4? Hmmmm....
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by helix139
Heck, the cops down in South FL (West Palm Beach, I think) bought a couple of brand new 5.0 Mustang GTs and have been driving them around baiting people to race them and then nailing them with a violation of an unconstitutional street racing law.
Don't know much about the law but isn't that entrapment?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 81bear
Don't know much about the law but isn't that entrapment?
Since when has that bothered cops enforcing a law that has been found unconstitutional in the state in the first place?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
not for long. After this weekend, the game is going to change for the Audi S5.
why what's happening?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
I live just outside Toronto. My last speeding ticket? A NAVY BLUE VOLVO WAGON! He paced me at 65 mph in a 50 zone. Rural road. Then he pulled me over and I almost didn't stop. He dropped it to 10mph over (well the km/h equivalent).

I've seen minivans driven by cops who pulled people over. I am NEVER surprised.
WOW,guess you have to watch out for anybody with anything,this could make someone real paranoid.
Cops can bust chops here too if you give then an excuse but they don't pull that crap,at least I haven't seen it.

Quick Reply: Taunting by an M3