S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Taunting by an M3

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmmmm....Interesting how some guys keep mentioning the male sex organ in the context of Queens....
Old 06-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Muray
Today coming home from work, I took a different local road because of traffic in my normal route. Unfortunately lots of traffic again. It's only a 30 mph zone but I was crawling at 20. Then a hole opened up and I punched it. I was really tired so I wasn't paying attention but I noticed a 3 series with hood bulge in my rearview mirror. I could tell it was an E90 M3. Everytime I punched it it stayed right on my ***. Neither of us was gaining on each other. Before I knew it I was doing 60 in a 30, and we came to a red light. We were stopped side by side. I looked at the driver and he wasn't acknowledging me. I don't know why, I was going to say hello.

Anyways, there was a long block with a bridge at the end of it right in front of us. Stopped at a red light, I could see the whole road that was clear. Classic stoplight street drag race scenerio. Very tempting. I needed to make a left turn by the bridge. As the light changed I took off gently, and the M3 was revving, ready to pounce. I looked at him and still he was looking straight dead straight. I was wondering whether I should or not and decided not to since I've already taken one chance. Well, as I came to a red light by the bridge, under the bridge there was a police car with cops standing outside of it. As I waiting for the light to chance so I can make the left turn, the cops pulled over a car that sped by the bridge. Moral of the story? Don't street race! If I had street-raced the M3, I'd probably getting arrested right now. And not writing this post!
moral of story: dont mess with an M3! whats anoying is when an s5 driver doesnt know what cars can blow them away, such as an M3. not you someone else
Old 06-04-2011, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Street racing not smart racing is for the track. I am new to Audi will an APR 91 tune help match up better against an M3?

CAR & Driver DCT M3 0 to 60 3.9/12.4 on 9/10 Audi S4 4.9/13.4 11/09.

I had an E60 M5 it was hard to beat from 30 mph & up
Old 06-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
Doubt highly of an undercover sting with a NYC cop driving a $75+K new Euro sports sedan.The 5 boroughs(especially Queens and BK)have speed traps all the time as well as DWI,seat belt,inspection,registration checks too.
Just thinking about racing in rush hour traffic in congested areas is insane
why doubt? the police here have done this using anything from a loaded modded STI to a Maserati Quattroporte. Very common practice, and easy to do with confiscated vehicles (proceeds of crime etc.).
Old 06-05-2011, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
why doubt? the police here have done this using anything from a loaded modded STI to a Maserati Quattroporte. Very common practice, and easy to do with confiscated vehicles (proceeds of crime etc.).
Just seems unlikely and that I frequent these areas quite often and never seen anybody pulled over from a confiscated STI,Quattroporte,Mercedes or any other cars they might have seized from drug dealers or pimps.
Don't know where ur from but I been driving in these areas for quite a bit of time and most I've seen is an unmarked Crown Vic,Impala,Camaro,Charger and even a Mustang one time.
As always you have to expect the unexpected I guess.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
LOL... This

NS2000X- Nice car. I was looking at M3 sedans when I was shopping for my S. I wouldve had problems in the winter lol
Thanks BaLLZDeePNYC,
I looked at an S4 when I was shopping for my M. I'll be driving my car through the winter here in Ottawa so perhaps I'll come back and comment on how it does compared to my my previous Audi. (Note: I'm well aware I will have difficulty)
Old 06-06-2011, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JD15
Was the M3 driver wearing a Tapout shirt?
Love it! I'm sitting in my son's karate class laughing out loud.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bobbyd1961
moral of story: dont mess with an M3! whats anoying is when an s5 driver doesnt know what cars can blow them away, such as an M3. not you someone else
I like the original moral - don't street race.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't believing in street racing to begin with - since it can put innocent bystanders in danger - but sometimes when the conditions are right your urges can get the better of you! It's just so much fun but illegal like cocaine and hookers and you'd better be ready to pay the price when you get caught! Amen!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the same thing happen to me a month back but it was in the middle of the day with very light traffic and about a 4-5 mile stretch of straight level road wit 3 stop lights. I had stopped at a red light and sure enough looked over to my left and there it was.. a black M3. The road was empty infront of us with at least a 2 mile stretch of straight road. We both looked at each other and neither of us could resist the temptation. i quickly put the S4 into Dynamic mode and slipped the shift lever into manual mode, the light turned green and i was off. From the start i left him by about 3 car lengths and continued to pull ever so slightly at about a 1/4 mile he started to pull in the distance and by about 3/4 - 1 mile mark he had slowly come by me and gained about a car length, there we stayed until we both hit our speed limiters. Then it was all breaks for the up coming red light... we both stopped and looked over at each other with thumbs up.

my 2011 S4 7sp is stock, if i had the tune it may have turned out with me ahead by a car or two but i was very surprised with the out come over all.

Quick Reply: Taunting by an M3