S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Taunting by an M3

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taunting by an M3

Today coming home from work, I took a different local road because of traffic in my normal route. Unfortunately lots of traffic again. It's only a 30 mph zone but I was crawling at 20. Then a hole opened up and I punched it. I was really tired so I wasn't paying attention but I noticed a 3 series with hood bulge in my rearview mirror. I could tell it was an E90 M3. Everytime I punched it it stayed right on my ***. Neither of us was gaining on each other. Before I knew it I was doing 60 in a 30, and we came to a red light. We were stopped side by side. I looked at the driver and he wasn't acknowledging me. I don't know why, I was going to say hello.

Anyways, there was a long block with a bridge at the end of it right in front of us. Stopped at a red light, I could see the whole road that was clear. Classic stoplight street drag race scenerio. Very tempting. I needed to make a left turn by the bridge. As the light changed I took off gently, and the M3 was revving, ready to pounce. I looked at him and still he was looking straight dead straight. I was wondering whether I should or not and decided not to since I've already taken one chance. Well, as I came to a red light by the bridge, under the bridge there was a police car with cops standing outside of it. As I waiting for the light to chance so I can make the left turn, the cops pulled over a car that sped by the bridge. Moral of the story? Don't street race! If I had street-raced the M3, I'd probably getting arrested right now. And not writing this post!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good thinking. Which part of Queens was this at?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muray
I looked at the driver and he wasn't acknowledging me. I don't know why, I was going to say hello.
Simple answer......because he was an M3 driver who felt superior to a lowly Audi owner. Or......suffered from peni$ envy.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:03 PM
riu
AudiWorld Member

Traffic..... Could have been anywhere in queens lol
Old 06-02-2011, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Toyota POS do this to me last Sunday.
Luckily I slowed down cause The Man was under an overpass w/ the Radar gun!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I was thinking the moral was to get a tune on your S4 so the M3 wouldn't have kept up in traffic.

I kid. Great job on resisting the pressure - you made the right decision.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You didn't realize that it was a police street racing sting operation. The guy in the M3 was an undercover cop trying to entice you into a street race so they could catch you in the act and fine the hell out of you and take you license. On the other hand he may have just been a typical BMW owner with a small *****.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This was on Utopia Parkway heading to westbound Horace Harding. At about 5PM. I will be getting AWE exhaust in two weeks and after that APR, so if I feel safe enough to rise up the any future challenges I'll be ready. Not that I condone it or plan on it :P
Old 06-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm not too far from there. And I work at SJU. I know what u r talking about....Utopia have quite a few straight aways for racers. Not surprised to hear cops waiting over there.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I resist all the time now lol. i just wave and make freinds but Bimmer owners do seem antisocial...

Quick Reply: Taunting by an M3