S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Switch Backup Camera Mode/View

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switch Backup Camera Mode/View

Alright, I feel stupid...I totally forgot how to switch the mode/view from backup mode to parallel park mode for the read camera(FYI B8.5). I read the manual and didn't see it, can anyone enlighten me?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember the switch shows on one of the corner on the screen when you in reverse. You need press the corresponding aluminum button for that corner.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Upper right MMI button.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wait, WTF...the backup camera has a different camera mode?! I need to go try this! Thanks for the info (and yes I should spend more time with my user manual).
Old 11-30-2012, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by handruin
Wait, WTF...the backup camera has a different camera mode?! I need to go try this! Thanks for the info (and yes I should spend more time with my user manual).
Easter egg for you! LOL.

I actually was scratching my head for a long time trying to figure out how to change modes, so the OP is not alone.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Easter egg for you! LOL.

I actually was scratching my head for a long time trying to figure out how to change modes, so the OP is not alone.
I've actually seen the odd symbol printed on the upper right of the screen but I thought that was just to tell me the backup camera was "on" as if I couldn't tell by the visuals in the first place. lol Man, I feel like an idiot for not trying to push the silver button. Now that I remember the icon, it does look like the car is trying to parallel park...at first I couldn't tell what it was.

I admit it's not the only feature I've recently found. Only a few days back I realized the volume **** actually physically clicks left and right to switch tracks forward and backward (yeah go ahead and make fun of me). I saw that the symbols are printed on the console which represent forward and backward but the first time I gave it a slight push it did nothing and I didn't want to break the control by forcing it. It was only after I bumped it harder by accident it switched tracks and I had another WTF moment. Now I use it all the time rather than having to go through the MMI every time.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I admit it's not the only feature I've recently found. Only a few days back I realized the volume **** actually physically clicks left and right to switch tracks forward and backward (yeah go ahead and make fun of me). I saw that the symbols are printed on the console which represent forward and backward but the first time I gave it a slight push it did nothing and I didn't want to break the control by forcing it. It was only after I bumped it harder by accident it switched tracks and I had another WTF moment. Now I use it all the time rather than having to go through the MMI every time.
Ha, I came across that one by accident. I saw those deltas and thought, "Hmmmm, what's this?" [click] "COOOOL!"
Old 11-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great to find out the new feature. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I admit it's not the only feature I've recently found. Only a few days back I realized the volume **** actually physically clicks left and right to switch tracks forward and backward (yeah go ahead and make fun of me).
Hah thanks all for the refresher, I had used it in my 2010 S4 but it'd been so long since I've used it I forgot.

And I just learned another...no idea the volume **** can move left/right. Fortunately I don't feel too bad, I am use to using my thumb on the steering wheel to switch to media view on the dash and scroll through tracks given I use my right to shift.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, read the manual to find out how to use the blue lines on the display when in parallel parking mode.

Crank steering wheel fully to the right, back up until the blue line touches the curb, stop and crank wheel fully to the left and then back up perfectly into the spot, close to the curb but no curb rash.

Actually works quite well.

Quick Reply: Switch Backup Camera Mode/View