S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Supercharged badges vs. no badges

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car. Looks just like mine. The badges definitely look better than "V6T", which is confusing and doesn't look great.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have carbon fiber trim inside so going to go for carbon fiber badges.

Here's something that I thought I could live with but they are a major pita to keep clean.

The damn peeler wheels. Why they took away the option of the titanium type is beyond me. They are simple, stylish and appear to be easy to keep clean.

In retrospect they (the 19" peelers) are the only mistake I made with this car. Going to end up cleaning them all up I think and selling them.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Evlengr
I have carbon fiber trim inside so going to go for carbon fiber badges.

Here's something that I thought I could live with but they are a major pita to keep clean.

The damn peeler wheels. Why they took away the option of the titanium type is beyond me. They are simple, stylish and appear to be easy to keep clean.

In retrospect they (the 19" peelers) are the only mistake I made with this car. Going to end up cleaning them all up I think and selling them.
Yeah, I can't stand cleaning the peelers. My finger can't quite get into the little slots so i have to use some sort of wheel brush, but the four I've purchased don't quite get in there either. The best thing I've been able to do is use some Armor All Wheel Protectant (which actually works pretty well) and try not to think about how dirty my wheels are.

http://www.armorall.com/products/vie...?product_id=33
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Yeah, I can't stand cleaning the peelers. My finger can't quite get into the little slots so i have to use some sort of wheel brush, but the four I've purchased don't quite get in there either. The best thing I've been able to do is use some Armor All Wheel Protectant (which actually works pretty well) and try not to think about how dirty my wheels are.

http://www.armorall.com/products/vie...?product_id=33
I have a small electric pressure washer that does pretty good at removing brake dust.

I vote no badges, I'm a fan of less is more.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

...but the four I've purchased don't quite get in there either. The best thing I've been able to do is use some Armor All Wheel Protectant (which actually works pretty well) and try not to think about how dirty my wheels are.
Try the foam paint brushes on the wheels.

I like the Supercharged badge. I remember the days when new cars had "Automatic", "Fuel Injected" and "ABS" badges on the truck lid. Disk brakes came with special wheels.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Swap for Supercharged. I am picking up my new
Lava Grey with red badges this morning !!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats (and remember to post up some pictures when you get it home)! Bet you didn't get much sleep last night I haven't decided on badges just yet. My 13 should be in next week or the week after.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Try the foam paint brushes on the wheels.
Yep, tried those. They get in the nooks and crannies okay but still leave something to be desired. I picture something like a 1" diameter inflexible pipe cleaner.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yep, tried those. They get in the nooks and crannies okay but still leave something to be desired. I picture something like a 1" diameter inflexible pipe cleaner.
I ordered one of these:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_S4-...ols/ES2526299/

I got the normal size on, but it's jut a bit too big.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Banned

the red choice does look good with the Ibis White. I think Ibis + red/black seats looks pretty cool too. A bit shouty, but fun to look at.

Quick Reply: Supercharged badges vs. no badges