S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Suntek Carbon vs Lumar

Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suntek Carbon vs Lumar

Hi, Which is better? Suntek or Llumar?

I know Suntek has a new CPX, but the shop only has carbon.

Any feedback is welcome... thanks
Old 08-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Shinchan
Hi, Which is better? Suntek or Llumar?

I know Suntek has a new CPX, but the shop only has carbon.

Any feedback is welcome... thanks
I absolutely love my Suntek Carbon. Worth every penny IMO. Here are some PICS when the car was "virgin" in terms of any other mods
Old 08-23-2012, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've had both recently. Suntek carbon is a little cloudy but more resistant to scratching. The Lumar was clearer but it is all scratched up at the top where the window seal rubs against when putting the windows up. That did not happen on the Suntek. Still prefer the Lumar but I'd probably look for a different alternative if I did it over again.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

love how black it is... i think i am going to use Suntek. The shop that uses Llumar want $350 for the full car tint.

VS

The Suntek carbon shop only ask for $200.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Banned

what about Huper Optik? I used to have Huper Optik 40% on my B7 S4. Going to get that done to my B7 RS4 soon.

It was very effective at repelling heat (sun) but didn't attract too much heat (cops).

Old 08-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is a great option as well (this was my original selection), but price wise is at the top of the list where the Suntek was a good combo of price & quality. I also had a hard time finding good installer of the HO around my area. Most shops did not work with it for some reason.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

I had the Suntek carbon installed on my rear window a couple weeks ago. The shop quotes a 70% heat rejection value on 50% LTV tint which is somewhat superior to other products. It hasn't affected the radio in my car which was a primary concern.

This shop also had a "cermaic" product, but wanted a lot more $$$ for it. The carbon was a practical solution for me.

I've had Llumar on a bunch of other cars. I did have good luck with it, no fading whatsoever.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by uberwgn
I had the Suntek carbon installed on my rear window a couple weeks ago. The shop quotes a 70% heat rejection value on 50% LTV tint which is somewhat superior to other products. It hasn't affected the radio in my car which was a primary concern.

This shop also had a "cermaic" product, but wanted a lot more $$$ for it. The carbon was a practical solution for me.

I've had Llumar on a bunch of other cars. I did have good luck with it, no fading whatsoever.
Thanks for the review.

Huper Optik was $450 for my B7. That's apparently a good deal for it.

What are your shops asking for these other products? I have to also tint our B8 Avant...and I think it's a bunch more money than the sedan so might be nice to know of alternative products.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have Suntek carbon on current car and had Llumar on past car. The carbon seems to install better and with less defects. I have it on my windshield as well and it is very clear (IMO).
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey mate. I know you said that you did not have access to it but I highly recommend that you try to get the CXP. It has an outstanding warranty that covers even fading.

But even if you cannot, I have heard more good things than not about Suntek.

My buddy had his vehicle installed with CXP a few weeks ago and loves it. I had it done on my s4 a few days ago and it has looked great so far, but I am waiting for it to fully dry before making a judgement.

Just make sure that you get a great installer first and foremost.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suntek Carbon vs Lumar