S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sunshade option

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunshade option

Hopefully will be ordering my 13 S4 soon. One of the options in Canada is the rear comfort package. It comes with heated rear seats, ski pass through, and sunshades.

Has any had any experience with these? All I really want is the heated seats for our nice and frigid winters. Hoping they work well, have heard in the Q5's that they were pretty weak?

Anyway, didn't know if they worked well or are worth it?

Thanks
Old 06-17-2012, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nuccadoc
Hopefully will be ordering my 13 S4 soon. One of the options in Canada is the rear comfort package. It comes with heated rear seats, ski pass through, and sunshades.

Has any had any experience with these? All I really want is the heated seats for our nice and frigid winters. Hoping they work well, have heard in the Q5's that they were pretty weak?

Anyway, didn't know if they worked well or are worth it?

Thanks
I have them and they're worth every penny. Since we were planning a family, I knew this option would be a requirement since the baby/kid would be in the back seat all the time.

I pretty much leave them up all the time except for when I want to blast down the road to work w/ the windows and sunroof open. I have tinted windows and full black interior, so the sunshades make the tint look a little darker too
Old 06-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

There was a TSB for the under-performing 2012 Q5 heated front seats. It made a huge difference in mine.

Good luck with the S4, I will probably look to one as soon as the children are out of diapers and our space requirements are reduced.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I echo the thumbs up on the power sunshade. Had it on my E90 M3 and thought it was great, the S4 one appears to be a more durable design and you can set it to automatically drop down when reversing. Nice touch.

I use the shade not only to cut down the heat/sun, but also to allow kids in the back to watch iPad with less glare and with heavy traffic at night, especially trucks/cars with badly aimed lights.

The other thing to consider is that retrofit is expensive...and requires all manner of interior body panels to be replaced.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I ordered a prestige specifically for them and my 1 year old is very happy that I did, while he is rear-facing they are invaluable since he won't keep sunglasses on and they work really well.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks everyone! You answered my questions perfectly!

I had read somewhere before that people were having troubles with rear sunshades breaking and being rather cheap. It wasn't in the S4's, can't remember where I read that actually. t haven't seen them in any demo yet, so I wanted to get your opinions. Sounds like they work and look great!. My wife is insistent on the heated rear seats, so this works out great!

Glad to hear the heated seats work good as well. Nothing like a freezing day and no bum warmer!!
Old 07-27-2012, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

hi there, could someone please post some pics of the window and read sunshades

thanks
Old 07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks everyone! You answered my questions perfectly!

I had read somewhere before that people were having troubles with rear sunshades breaking and being rather cheap. It wasn't in the S4's, can't remember where I read that actually. t haven't seen them in any demo yet, so I wanted to get your opinions. Sounds like they work and look great!. My wife is insistent on the heated rear seats, so this works out great!

Glad to hear the heated seats work good as well. Nothing like a freezing day and no bum warmer!!
My kids are part vampire, so I use the shades all the time. They work very well. Rear seat heaters put out tons of heat and also have pressure sensors so they shut off when there is nobody back there. My son *always* forgets to shut them off so this is a great feature.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LeoR604
My kids are part vampire, so I use the shades all the time. They work very well. Rear seat heaters put out tons of heat and also have pressure sensors so they shut off when there is nobody back there. My son *always* forgets to shut them off so this is a great feature.
Please post some pics of the sunshades if you can. Thanks!