S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

STaSIS warranty declined - opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big turbo TT
Ship it back to Texas,problem solved.... You bought a product in the US with US coverage,why did you think it would be covered elsewhere?
What if you tok your car to Zimbabwe,do you think it would be covered? Or in China? Come on man,everyone wants the WORLD nowadays.lol
+1 Ship to Texas! How much would it cost?

Stassis USA is a different company to Stassis Finland and each country probably has its own unique warranty.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Big turbo TT
Ship it back to Texas,problem solved.... You bought a product in the US with US coverage,why did you think it would be covered elsewhere?
What if you tok your car to Zimbabwe,do you think it would be covered? Or in China? Come on man,everyone wants the WORLD nowadays.lol
Exactly. Say Zimbabwe lets you run the car completely catless and the highest grade of fuel available is 89 octane. Two months down the road the exhaust manifold melts. Should STASIS cover that? You see the can of worms this would open up.

Now, could STASIS look at warranty coverage outside the U.S. on a case-by-case basis and say "Well, the car is being run in a country using normal emissions equipment and with high grade fuel, verified by the logs. We'll cover the failure in this instance." In principle, and from a P.R. standpoint that would be a good thing to do. But they are under no legal obligation to do that. If the OP got a hold of the right person at STATIS and really plead his case, he might be able to make some headway.

Last edited by Garissimo; 07-13-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aren't we talking about a driveshaft bearing here? What the hell does a ball bearing have to do with a chip? Both Audi and the bearing manufacturer are the guys to blame here and maybe Audis "driveshaft engineers"?
Now I see why VW/Audis are such total POS cars,they only have 2 years to live up to a warranty in Europe!! I guess that is specual "2 year" headliner glue they use on all of the Audi/VW headliners!!lol..not to mention "2 year" fuel injectors and electronic components! I love it!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

UPDATE:

STaSIS will pay the warranty work as well as honor their warranty for my car for future in case I need to have STaSIS related warranty work done to my car. Their sales director handled this case with very professional manner.

Like I mentioned, my case was a bit unique so there was some hickups on the way.Anyways, everything is good now and I can say that I'm still a very happy STaSIS customer!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ezveedub
FYI, an Audi that is sold in the US and leaves the country (other than Canada or Mexico) will not have warranty any more. It's been like that for years with almost every manufacturer. It seems Stasis is following the same policy.
Actually not quite. A lot of cars have an "international" warranty. The details might not be the same nor the duration, but the warranty still remains. This is the case with my Audi as well as the case with my friend who brought his Chrysler from US to Finland.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FINA4
UPDATE:

STaSIS will pay the warranty work as well as honor their warranty for my car for future in case I need to have STaSIS related warranty work done to my car. Their sales director handled this case with very professional manner.

Like I mentioned, my case was a bit unique so there was some hickups on the way.Anyways, everything is good now and I can say that I'm still a very happy STaSIS customer!
Great to hear! Thank you for the update. I think it gives a lot of people looking to go that route a little peace of mind.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ahh, a happy ending. Good story.