S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stasis comedy o' errors

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stasis comedy o' errors

Well, took my S4 to get Stasis brakes installed on Friday. About noonish the dealership (not my usual dealership, but the closest one that does Stasis) calls and says that Stasis had shipped the wrong parts and that they will ship the parts overnight but since its the weekend, the parts won't get here until Monday. The parts manager then calls and says that the supplier (Alcon?) made the caliper brackets wrong.

So I am stuck without my S4 for the weekend. Today, the parts arrive. Then at around 1pm the dealer calls. The clearance between the parts is wrong - again they either shipped the wrong part or the part was made wrong.

So they will again overnight the parts....

How hard can it be to put the right parts into a box? Especially a package of parts that they have shipped out hundreds if not thousands of times? While not my usual dealership, the one I am working with has been pretty supportive and I think is as frustrated as I am about the situation. I was thinking about going for the ECU upgrade next, but not as sure about that now...they may put a Dorito in my ECU by mistake....
Old 06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout
Well, took my S4 to get Stasis brakes installed on Friday. About noonish the dealership (not my usual dealership, but the closest one that does Stasis) calls and says that Stasis had shipped the wrong parts and that they will ship the parts overnight but since its the weekend, the parts won't get here until Monday. The parts manager then calls and says that the supplier (Alcon?) made the caliper brackets wrong.

So I am stuck without my S4 for the weekend. Today, the parts arrive. Then at around 1pm the dealer calls. The clearance between the parts is wrong - again they either shipped the wrong part or the part was made wrong.

So they will again overnight the parts....

How hard can it be to put the right parts into a box? Especially a package of parts that they have shipped out hundreds if not thousands of times? While not my usual dealership, the one I am working with has been pretty supportive and I think is as frustrated as I am about the situation. I was thinking about going for the ECU upgrade next, but not as sure about that now...they may put a Dorito in my ECU by mistake....
BTW, there are much better ECU upgrades available that give a greater performance upgrde. Consider APR, GIAC and REVO. In fact, Stasis recently bought REVO. See if your Stasis dealer can get you that ecu flash instead of the stasis flash
Old 06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

you should be looking for some compensation at this point.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Concur about the compensation. I am pressing on that. Good point about the ECU flash, Dr. I think I would go with APR in an instant if it weren't for the whole warranty business. Still might, but taking my time on that one. With tracking dates upcoming I wanted to get the brake issue addressed first and foremost before I went further.

I know im whining...wait a few weeks or even days and I will probably be singing the praises of the new brakes...

Still though...how can you mess up putting parts in a box...twice? Unless the parts guy is right and they cooked up a bad batch of parts...that last scenario scares me - the words "machined wrong from the supplier" and "brakes" put together don't make one feel comfy behind the wheel...
Old 06-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since Stasis purchased Revo, some have conjectured that the Revo flash may eventually replace the current Stasis flash. This has never to my knowlege been confirmed. Perhaps a little digging on your part might uncover some answers. If it is true, then your Stasis/Revo flash would be waranteed by Stasis.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had forgotten about the recent Stasis/Revo merge. I have been looking and researching brakes for the last few months, so have not really done all my homework on the ECU flash issue. I will have to look at some of the reviews and posts from those who got the Revo flash...

Originally Posted by DrGP
Since Stasis purchased Revo, some have conjectured that the Revo flash may eventually replace the current Stasis flash. This has never to my knowlege been confirmed. Perhaps a little digging on your part might uncover some answers. If it is true, then your Stasis/Revo flash would be waranteed by Stasis.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear about the troubles. FWIW, my Brembo kit was originally sent wo caliper carries, so they needed to be overnighted, and over the weekend, too! But eventually it all worked out as I'm sure yours will too.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout
Concur about the compensation. I am pressing on that. Good point about the ECU flash, Dr. I think I would go with APR in an instant if it weren't for the whole warranty business. Still might, but taking my time on that one. With tracking dates upcoming I wanted to get the brake issue addressed first and foremost before I went further.

I know im whining...wait a few weeks or even days and I will probably be singing the praises of the new brakes...

Still though...how can you mess up putting parts in a box...twice? Unless the parts guy is right and they cooked up a bad batch of parts...that last scenario scares me - the words "machined wrong from the supplier" and "brakes" put together don't make one feel comfy behind the wheel...
Look at the bright side. At least you have an R8 loaner for the weekend, right???
Old 06-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LeoR604
Look at the bright side. At least you have an R8 loaner for the weekend, right???
Funny you mention that. I was thinking to ask the dealership for a "test drive" of their R8...
Old 06-11-2012, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get apr and flash back to stock before you go in for service, you won't have warranty problems

Quick Reply: Stasis comedy o' errors