S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

So I thought i was ending up in a 2011 S4 Prestige, but Rusnak had other plans..

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I thought i was ending up in a 2011 S4 Prestige, but Rusnak had other plans..

WOW. I am speechless. I got completely screwed by John Ashley Edwards "Fleet Manager" at Rusnak Audi in Pasadena. I'll take the time to write this longass post just because i think Rusnak should go down.

8 weeks ago I started emailing John about S4 options. He secured me an allocation and I spent a tremendous amount of time researching prices etc. I emailed him back and forth for several weeks before settling on a price both of us were happy with. I sent in a deposit check 4 weeks ago to him per his recommendations. I assumed all was well and he even provided me a commission number for the vehicle. With the weeks that followed Chris aka Aud1 helped track my car. I anxiously awaited for the car to arrive (i'm sure you all know this feeling). The car was due to arrive June 13, which it did. I then proceeded to email him making sure we are still locked in for the price that we had agreed upon, as well as making sure I wouldn't get screwed on APR (2 weeks ago i referred my friend over to him for a Q5 purchase and John had given my buddy a tough time with pricing and even bumped up the APR from 2.9 to 3.9 with tier 1 credit, not to mention tried wasted my friends time, spent 3 hour on 1st Q5 just to realize it wasnt for sale, then 2nd Q5 jacked up the price to 1k over invoice + 3.9% APR, but i'll leave that story aside for now. ).

After 8 weeks of research, emails, pricing confirmations, discussions, deposits, i get a simple email back. "I sent your deposit back. I could not get the car".

I call him and he had nothing to say. He showed no sympathy for the fact that he had wasted 8 weeks of my time. Nor did he apologize for having screwed me over out of a car. I honestly don't mind that I cant get the S4 I want anymore, it is honestly the principle of it.

Anyways I did some more digging around, turns out the car was never bound for Rusnak, but for Auto Gallery. It was already going to a salesmans brother there. The car was never secured by Rusnak. John took my money without even knowing if he could get the car or not. He straight up lied or misled me to believe that the car was secured for me, and that I would have no issues whatsoever.

End result. I have no S4 lined up, I wasted 8 weeks of my time, I am short $500 deposit which I have not gotten back, and I am completely pissed the F off. I have no time to wait for an order, and will probably have to grab a car off the lot.

I will NEVER recommend anyone ever to go to Rusnak Audi of Pasadena to buy a car. Especially if you have to deal with John Edwards. He will take your money, lie to you, provide fake promises, waste your time, and probably leave you carless in the end.

Bummer =(

Here is original thread on AZ...
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ay-my-decision!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My experience with Rusnak Audi of Pasadena is that they are a bottom of the barrel dealer. A few of my friends and I have, at different times, went there when we were looking to purchase a new car and the service was poor at best. In my case in particular once I finally got someone to help me and we started talking it became immediately apparent that they were not interested in my satisfaction as much as just trying to sell whatever they had. In addition, they wouldn't let me test drive a car and I had to twist their arm just to have them get the keys so I could have a look inside it. While it was later in the evening (about an hour from closing) I feel a more accommodating dealer would have let me. Needless to say I ordered my car from elsewhere.

As Hyperspeed said, avoid them at all costs.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Auzo
My experience with Rusnak Audi of Pasadena is that they are a bottom of the barrel dealer. A few of my friends and I have, at different times, went there when we were looking to purchase a new car and the service was poor at best. In my case in particular once I finally got someone to help me and we started talking it became immediately apparent that they were not interested in my satisfaction as much as just trying to sell whatever they had. In addition, they wouldn't let me test drive a car and I had to twist their arm just to have them get the keys so I could have a look inside it. While it was later in the evening (about an hour from closing) I feel a more accommodating dealer would have let me. Needless to say I ordered my car from elsewhere.

As Hyperspeed said, avoid them at all costs.
I wish there were other places aside forums where I could rant about car dealerships. Sigh.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Deplorable.

I would send a well written letter to Audi of America detailing your experience. They should hear about this.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 381 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyperspeed--
I sent in a deposit check 4 weeks ago to him per his recommendations. I assumed all was well and he even provided me a commission number for the vehicle.

Sounds like breach of contract to me. How are they going to compensate you?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

How long is it supposed to take to receive your deposit? If I had not gotten it back by Saturday, I would probably go and sit in the showroom until they returned the $500 in person. Unfortunately, it sounds like the salesman is no more trustworthy than the other John Edwards.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I really think you need to call Audi of America and explain what happened. If you are really pressed to get a car NOW, they might be able to help get you to another Audi dealer, get you an interim loaner and find a car that meets your needs. AoA really tries to make things right when you are wronged by a dealer...especially if you are trying to purchase a new car. Give it a shot!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by svander
Deplorable.

I would send a well written letter to Audi of America detailing your experience. They should hear about this.
Agree, and we have seen first hand how much a well mannered and written letter to AoA president can get you - one guy got a FREE S4 loaner for months after his was going to take a long time to make it to production.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get an order in writing stating what the salesperson promised you?

If you did contact AOA. If not, you're beat.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems like guys dealing with Audi of Torrance and Mission Viejo are have better experiences with great pricing and financing . Might be worth you while to check them out. Can't be that far from Pasadena. Perhaps they could locate an inbound unit that would meet your acceptance and reduce the wait. But I would definitely call AoA about the other slime bags. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Low-Financing

Quick Reply: So I thought i was ending up in a 2011 S4 Prestige, but Rusnak had other plans..