S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Side View Mirrors Angle on Reverse?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awc
Alright, so I experimented with it tonight, and the ONLY time I get ANY movement in my side view mirrors are when the **** is set to the passenger side, when the passenger side mirror angles down. Under no circumstances can I get the driver's side mirror to move at all. Is that what other users have found? Is there no setting that allows for both mirrors to angle down at the same time?
The same here, no movement on the driver side (left) no matter what. Is there anyway to adjust the position settings on the mirror to look lower? It doesn't quite move enough for me.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by awc
Alright, so I experimented with it tonight, and the ONLY time I get ANY movement in my side view mirrors are when the **** is set to the passenger side, when the passenger side mirror angles down. Under no circumstances can I get the driver's side mirror to move at all. Is that what other users have found? Is there no setting that allows for both mirrors to angle down at the same time?
Yup - by design. There are many situations where you don't want your mirrors to dip down - therefore, you can put the adjuster **** in either of the other two positions and the mirrors will not move.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never heard anyone claim their driver side mirror would tilt.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:09 AM
awc
AudiWorld Member

I guess I just assumed that they would both move, as that's how it works in both my father's and my in-laws Lexuses (Lexii?). Anyway, its obviously not a big deal, as the only time I would use the driver's side mirror tilt feature would be in backing into a spot, and I have the rear camera for that. Thanks for all the help, guys!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by awc
I guess I just assumed that they would both move, as that's how it works in both my father's and my in-laws Lexuses (Lexii?). Anyway, its obviously not a big deal, as the only time I would use the driver's side mirror tilt feature would be in backing into a spot, and I have the rear camera for that. Thanks for all the help, guys!
I'd love this feature. Cities have one way streets and sometimes you have to park on the left side of the street. It would be much easier to see the rear wheel instead of trying to crane my neck over and around the sill and b-pillar. VAG please!

Last edited by MattPec; 08-22-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RedLightning
i think u can adjust how far it goes down and such. when u put the car in reverse and the mirror tilts down adjust to where u want the mirror to go... it should save that setting for the next time around.. i think? =X
Oooh is this true? I need to test this next time Im out. I find that it doesn't go down enough currently and I was going to call my salesperson to fix this. Thanks for the info