S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Side View Mirrors Angle on Reverse?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:26 PM
awc
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side View Mirrors Angle on Reverse?

I thought I had read somewhere previously that the side mirrors on our cars angle downward when we shift into reverse. Not that the fold in, but that they angle downward so that we can see the curb. Anyway, I noticed today that mine doesn't do that. So, did I misread/misremember that little tidbit of info, is it something that needs to be VAG-COMed in, or am I just full of the brown stuff?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

they do. i think you need to have the adjuster **** for the exterior mirrors turned to the passenger mirror for this feature to work. try that.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I believe that without VAGCOM, you need to have the memory seats turned on and the know turned for this to work. Played with it last weekend.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mellow_sparky
they do. i think you need to have the adjuster **** for the exterior mirrors turned to the passenger mirror for this feature to work. try that.
+1... Mirror adjustor **** needs to be on passenger.

Mine is workign but just not angling down enough. I will have to bring it in and get it checked as my previous B8 A4 was angling down enough that I can see the curb. With my S4 its only moving down slightly and I cant see the curb.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Side mirros only tilt down if you have the Prestige model. The Premium plus can be made to do so with a vag com change. Had mine done last night at the AWE BBQ. Works fine now thanks to Audis or VWs for life http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/article...des.html#codes
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 AM
awc
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the info, guys! Just as a point of curiosity, what is the logic behind the switch having to be set to the passenger, as opposed to it working on any of the three settings? Any guesses?
Old 08-20-2010, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by awc
Thanks for the info, guys! Just as a point of curiosity, what is the logic behind the switch having to be set to the passenger, as opposed to it working on any of the three settings? Any guesses?
Maybe because when the switch is on the passenger side, it knows you want the mirror to go down. Theres a lot of places where you parallel park on the drivers side so having the passenger side mirror go down doesnt make sense. This way you can turn that off if you dont need it by putting it in one of the other two settings.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by awc
If you set the mirror position to "driver" it will angle down the driver's mirror. It lets you select which mirror to angle downwards.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i think u can adjust how far it goes down and such. when u put the car in reverse and the mirror tilts down adjust to where u want the mirror to go... it should save that setting for the next time around.. i think? =X
Old 08-20-2010, 06:05 PM
awc
AudiWorld Member

Alright, so I experimented with it tonight, and the ONLY time I get ANY movement in my side view mirrors are when the **** is set to the passenger side, when the passenger side mirror angles down. Under no circumstances can I get the driver's side mirror to move at all. Is that what other users have found? Is there no setting that allows for both mirrors to angle down at the same time?

Quick Reply: Side View Mirrors Angle on Reverse?