S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Shocking Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the OP I deem this post to be the winner. Well done sir.

Originally Posted by Bobby Kinstle
INCONCEIVABLE!

Old 05-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For everyone other than a certain grumpy yet somehow persistent poster to this thread, AoA responded with multiple emails and a follow up phone call to express their concern and address my issues. They have contacted the dealer regarding the issue but I told them that I'll simply be very (uh oh, here comes an adjective, I better chose wisely) aware...er cautious? Attentive!... if I go back to them for warranty service. AoA said they agreed with me wholeheartedly and gave their own examples such as "What if the cover was for a sports team or even another dealership I had a relationship to?". They understood however that my concern was not actually about the license plate cover but that in 20 years of car ownership no one has ever done anything to a vehicle without my knowledge or consent. So basically no big deal (for me). I'm not asking for anything, they have it on record in case a series of complaints surfaces and my impression of AoA is very high as a result considering they cared enough to follow up.

End thread? Probably not!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckeye_S4
As the OP I deem this post to be the winner. Well done sir.
LOL. *bows*

But seriously, that would **** me off too.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Old 05-11-2013, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Ynnekdude
Inoright?!?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I went to pick up my brand new Audi Coupe GT, back in the day, the dealer had put on dealer plate frames and a rear dealer stick on plate. I removed them myself and then went inside and paid for the vehicle. When I got outside again the plate frames were back on as was as yet another dealer stick on plate. This dealer then refused to replace my tire jack and alternator under the warranty. I picked up replacement parts at the local foreign junk yard and fixed it myself.

I have not purchased a new Audi from that dealer ever again.

But, I picked up a used 2000 A6 from my neighbor. He complained about the Bose sound quality. I noted that this dealer had replaced the head unit under warranty but failed to program the vehicle to recognize that it was a Bose System. I had all the written records but the dealer still charged my $60 to hook up the computer to set the head unit to Bose.

It now sounds great, yes it was the same dealer, yes, I will never even consider buying an Audi from them. Langdon Audi in Lathem NY sure knows how to charge but still has not learned anything about customer satisfaction.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by feirstein
When I went to pick up my brand new Audi Coupe GT, back in the day, the dealer had put on dealer plate frames and a rear dealer stick on plate. I removed them myself and then went inside and paid for the vehicle. When I got outside again the plate frames were back on as was as yet another dealer stick on plate. This dealer then refused to replace my tire jack and alternator under the warranty. I picked up replacement parts at the local foreign junk yard and fixed it myself.

I have not purchased a new Audi from that dealer ever again.

But, I picked up a used 2000 A6 from my neighbor. He complained about the Bose sound quality. I noted that this dealer had replaced the head unit under warranty but failed to program the vehicle to recognize that it was a Bose System. I had all the written records but the dealer still charged my $60 to hook up the computer to set the head unit to Bose.

It now sounds great, yes it was the same dealer, yes, I will never even consider buying an Audi from them. Langdon Audi in Lathem NY sure knows how to charge but still has not learned anything about customer satisfaction.
My local BMW dealers, on the other hand, have been great, have always gone out of their way to please me, to save me a buck or two with discounts and advice, and continue to win my loyalty.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

With over 600 dealers between them, both Audi and BMW are going to have dogs and winners. Same as with any other brands. As a point of comparison for both brands, A 2013 JD Power Luxury car category Customer Service Index didn't show either brand in the top five. In fact Audi came in 6th and BMW came in 7th, albeit with a very small difference between them and about average in the category for both. (Lexus was number one once again. Note that we're not comparing cars here, only dealer satisfaction.

Bottom line, each person will have varying dealer experiences (and expectations, for that matter). Even within a single dealership, there will be good and not so good people which can make or break one's satisfaction. Generalizing the dealer quality of one brand over another using a small sample won't be very useful.

http://autos.jdpower.com/content/pre...-csi-study.htm
Old 05-15-2013, 01:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Differing dealership experiences are deffinitely common and also vary drastically depending on where you live in the country. When I bought a car in the Pacific Northwest I was across the board dumbfounded by how poorly I was treated everywhere. I am orginally from Connecticut and even worked in the industry for a period of time there and had I attempted to treat customers there like I was treated in the Pacific Northwest I would have been reemed.

I completely sympathize with your plight though, I would be distrubed if anyone altered my vehicle in anyway without my permission. But I have also been known to check my lug nuts for over-tightening in the parking lot post-service.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've taken my A4 to 3different dealers and no one has messed with the license plate cover. BUT, I've had a license plate cover from my college on the car since I bought it. Maybe that's why.

OP, I think you overreacted. They swapped it, but they didn't toss your old one. Plus they gave you a new one free to keep your license plate clean. I doubt this says much about the dealer being shady, they're just working hard to promote. It's cheesy, but it's just a license plate cover. It's not like they painted your car with their logo.

Quick Reply: Shocking Dealer Experience