S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Shocking Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocking Dealer Experience

Took my S4 to a local dealer today because my MMI joystick was broken and I was very surprised when I read the service statement afterwards. Below is the message I just sent to Audi which explains it all (I'll redact the dealer name for now).

"I am a new owner of a gently used 2012 S4. Today I took the vehicle to *a dealer* to have my MMI joystick repaired. Although the service experience went fairly well I was surprised and shocked to see a line item on the service record to "replace license plate covers front/and back" and a note to do so unless instructed otherwise. I was not informed of or asked about this in any manner. To my shock they had in fact removed the license plate cover of the dealer I purchased the vehicle from (not this dealership) and replaced it with their own. Luckily the original cover was placed in my trunk and not discarded. To do something like this to my vehicle without asking my permission or informing me is an action I find highly unacceptable and am appalled at the gall it would take to alter my property in such a way. If they would do this without permission what else would they do to my vehicle without my knowledge? This event is enough that I am 90% certain I will not return there for any service. The fact that this action is a standard line item in their service system tells me that this is their standard operating procedure and that does not speak well at all for the integrity of a dealer of such a top tier brand as Audi."

It's not so much the actual act itself but the precedent it sets that bothers me. I'll be switching it back and throwing theirs away shortly.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckeye_S4
... I'll be switching it back and throwing theirs away shortly.
Instead of tossing theirs I suggest you find the crappiest pimpmobile you can and install it for them.

I'm surprised they'd do this.

P.S., talk about "First World Problems"!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aTOMic*
P.S., talk about "First World Problems"!
Inorite?
Old 05-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As an Audi owner, you have the right to take your car to any authorized Audi dealer OF YOUR CHOICE. The dealer has no right to mess with YOUR PROPERTY without your permission. The Audacity of such action is unfathomable . I bet it is a common standard practice at the dealership. Not sure what further action on your part might be.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

had this happen at 2 shops I took my car to. The place I got my clear bra on, took off the audi licence plate holder, put theirs on. Then 2 weeks later when I had the Eurocode stuff put on, they took off the previous clear bra places' holder and put their own on! No end to this LOL! Just waiting for Costco to put theirs on when I'm in getting groceries
Old 05-01-2013, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Have an attorney send them a demand letter with an invoice stating that you will be sending them a bill for $250 each month for advertising their dealership since they obviously have agreed to do so by placing ads on your car..

This sounds like something a small, cheesy Ford dealer would do on a Fiesta.

I always tell dealers before they deliver my new cars to not place any advertising of any kind on the vehicle. Ever.

Last edited by snagitseven; 05-01-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

More shocking is that you took the time to post this. The only thing more shocking is that you took FURTHER time to write AOA about it.

I mean come on - what will you do if the dealer accidentally overfills your oil? Burn the place down and mail the ashes to AOA!?!?

Just sayin'...
Old 05-02-2013, 04:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
More shocking is that you took the time to post this. The only thing more shocking is that you took FURTHER time to write AOA about it.

I mean come on - what will you do if the dealer accidentally overfills your oil? Burn the place down and mail the ashes to AOA!?!?

Just sayin'...
I see your point but I also see the OP's point as well.

I have always asked the dealership to refrain from washing my cars after service. On the rare occasion that they do they hear from me in a big way.

We live in a world where most have come to accept the sub-par customer service that's rampant everywhere. I work in a $2.0B service business and take each request from my clients as the gospel - I have over 120 clients.

If the OP can find another dealer within a reasonable distance I would try them and avoid going to this place ever again. As another posted stated, send them a monthly invoice for the advertising you're giving them on your car. Or, simply take everything off that they put on there.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Farragone
I have always asked the dealership to refrain from washing my cars after service. On the rare occasion that they do they hear from me in a big way.
I do the same. If they ever ran my car through their swirl machines they would be paying the cost of a full paint correction from my detailer and supplying me with a loaner. Luckily I've had no problems.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

That is pretty audacious.

Get one of those "screw" or "anti" stickers and mess with their logo... drive it back in with a smile.

Quick Reply: Shocking Dealer Experience