S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Screw/Bolt in right front tire - was there a road hazard warranty included?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Tim
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screw/Bolt in right front tire - was there a road hazard warranty included?

Just discovered a screw or bold sticking out of the tread on my right tire. I saw the standard tire warranty doesn't include road hazards, but I was wondering if one came with the car in any case...
Old 08-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Tim
AudiWorld Member

Answering my own question. That was one of the extra options I *did not* select. Does anyone know about what kind of punctures can be patched vs. replacement...

Originally Posted by Tim
Just discovered a screw or bold sticking out of the tread on my right tire. I saw the standard tire warranty doesn't include road hazards, but I was wondering if one came with the car in any case...
Old 08-31-2010, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have full road hazard, but my tires/wheels not OEM.

Bruce
Old 08-31-2010, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's in the tread itself, you can get it repaired @ any tire place.
It should be pretty solid since it's in the tread too.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
If it's in the tread itself, you can get it repaired @ any tire place.
It should be pretty solid since it's in the tread too.
Agree, sounds like it is repairable.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seinsmeld13
Agree, sounds like it is repairable.
Yes, it's mostly likely repairable if the screw/bolt puncture is in the middle of the tire tread. They stick in a plug, cut off the excess, and you're good to go.

But, if it's toward the edge of the tire, you're *screwed* - sorry about the pun!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Tim
Answering my own question. That was one of the extra options I *did not* select. Does anyone know about what kind of punctures can be patched vs. replacement...
The tire warranty would NOT cover a screw/nail in your tire anyway. They specifically cover a FULl BLOW OUT or BROKEN RIMS, that's it. General road hazard is not covered.

NOTE: I'm talking about the warranty offered through Audi at purchase, not an aftermarket one from a tire shop.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HDClown
The tire warranty would NOT cover a screw/nail in your tire anyway. They specifically cover a FULl BLOW OUT or BROKEN RIMS, that's it. General road hazard is not covered.

NOTE: I'm talking about the warranty offered through Audi at purchase, not an aftermarket one from a tire shop.
Not true. I purchased tire and rim protection through Audi and was told specifically that it covers repairs to a tire, and if repair is not possible, then replacement. And in fact, my paperwork refers to the plan as "road hazard coverage."
Old 09-01-2010, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What you are told has absolutely nothing to do with what the fine print says. A tire blow out or a rim braking from something on the road is still "road hazard". Doesn't mean every possible form of road hazard is covered. Check out the paperwork to know for sure. My salesman AND finance guy indicated nail/tire is NOT covered. And if anyone where to tell me something to sell me, it would be them.

Last edited by HDClown; 09-01-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HDClown
What you are told has absolutely nothing to do with what the fine print says. A tire blow out or a rim braking from something on the road is still "road hazard". Doesn't mean every possible form of road hazard is covered. Check out the paperwork to know for sure. My salesman AND finance guy indicated nail/tire is NOT covered. And if anyone where to tell me something to sell me, it would be them.
The fine print, at least for me, reads: "This warranty provides for the repair or replacement of the vehicle's tires and wheels, which during the term of this agreement become unserviceable due to a road hazard. Unservicable means that the tire(s) has been punctured or otherwise damaged to the extent that it is unsafe or that the wheel would no longer hold a seal with its tire."

Quick Reply: Screw/Bolt in right front tire - was there a road hazard warranty included?