S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S4 scored me a premium parking spot. I went to my company's annual Christmas party at

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 scored me a premium parking spot. I went to my company's annual Christmas party at

a local Marriott and since our party is so big (at least 1K people) there's never any parking unless you get there early. Unfortunately, I had meetings and couldn't get there until an hour after it started. So it meant that I'd be parking far away and taking a shuttle bus.

Anyway, I decided that I'd drive up to the hotel and give it a shot. As I pulled into the parking lot, a guy there stops me.

I rolled down the window and he says "Looking for a parking spot?" As he says this, he sticks his head inside my window and starts looking around at my car. First he checks out the back seat, then the front and finally the dash.

I say to him "Yes, Sir."

He then says "Well, you're a lucky man, because I got a spot for you right up front." He then proceeded to tell me where to go.

I think if I had my Pathfinder with me, I'd have been waiting for that shuttle bus.

Last edited by Cooper993; 12-16-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My handicapped placard gets me rock star parking wherever I go...
Old 12-16-2010, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is this Marriott?

I love the S4 and all, but in Chicago it's basically a "Toyota Camry" among the luxury marques...the only cars that make it to the front row valet spots are Bentleys, AMGs, Maybachs, Lambos, etc...

Sigh...one day.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

To be fair this was in the afternoon and all I had were my coworker's cars as "competition"
Old 12-19-2010, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cooper993
a local Marriott and since our party is so big (at least 1K people) there's never any parking unless you get there early. Unfortunately, I had meetings and couldn't get there until an hour after it started. So it meant that I'd be parking far away and taking a shuttle bus.

Anyway, I decided that I'd drive up to the hotel and give it a shot. As I pulled into the parking lot, a guy there stops me.

I rolled down the window and he says "Looking for a parking spot?" As he says this, he sticks his head inside my window and starts looking around at my car. First he checks out the back seat, then the front and finally the dash.

I say to him "Yes, Sir."

He then says "Well, you're a lucky man, because I got a spot for you right up front." He then proceeded to tell me where to go.

I think if I had my Pathfinder with me, I'd have been waiting for that shuttle bus.
Dude! I was just going to start a thread about this. Last night I went to dinner in San Francisco in North Beach. The parking situation is a disaster. I pulled up to the small restaurant I was going to eat at and they had a single valet spot / passenger drop off. Some guy who works there walked outside, moved the valet sign on the sidewalk, and told me to park in the space. Amazing!

However, we were staying at the Ritz Carlton and no dice. They hid my car somewhere But I think they only parked the cars out front if you were eating in the restaurants or if you were there for a party. Also, I don't want my car sitting out there in the rain and with people walking by it if there's a perfectly good garage under the building.

I've been to a couple of hotels in Cali where the house cars are black Audi A8's. In those places, they parked my S4 next to the house cars.