S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S4 Order and Euro Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 Order and Euro Delivery

My plan is to order a new S4 (to replace my '00 S4) and get Euro Delivery. Unfortunately it looks like it's a 3-4 month delivery timeframe and since I don't want to do my European driving and vacation in the dead of winter, I think I'll end up waiting until Jan/Feb to place the order for a Spring pickup.

My plan is to order a 6 MT with the sports rear diff. Should be fun! Any pre-order advice?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by modoc
Any pre-order advice?
Go for it! I recommend the navigation as well as the SD. Enjoy!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Moduc -

I did the European Dlivery Program on my S4; ordered the car the end of April and collected it in Ingolstradt the first week in June - six weeks. Check out my post, "S4 on the Grimselpass." A couple of things: the ED program gives you 15 days of free insurance but the first day is for documentation and Euro licensing before you even take delivery of the car - so you don't want to pick the car up on a Friday and lose 3 days of insurance instead of just one. I collected my car on a Tuesday. If you are pressed for time and aren't that keen on the factory tour arrange for a morning collection time and you can be on the road before noon. I opted for the "Audi Drive Select" as you can change the settings in the steering, throttle response and suspension on the fly. I'm adicted to it and use it all the time. The 'sports dif' is part of the package. Mine is also a 6MT model. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info! I was torn on the Drive Select thing. Sounds really neat but I wasn't sure if I'd use it enough to make the added cost worth it. Not sure. Glad to know you're using yours frequently though. I'll have to think about it some more. I was hearing everything from 4 weeks to 4 months from folks at the dealership, so I e-mailed the Euro Delivery folks directly and they gave me the 3-4 month timeframe, so I guess I'll just be patient

I'm not sure if I'm going to do 2 or 3 weeks there, so I might have to pay for extra insurance anyhow, which isn't a huge deal.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually, Audi Drive Select is always active, so you're essentially always "using it". The settings are comfort, dynamic, or auto, with the option to set individual functions separately. Even if it's in "auto" (where I leave mine most all of the time), it's constantly monitoring the driving parameters and adjusting various functions accordingly. It's a spendy option, but I really like it.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by modoc
Thanks for the info! I was torn on the Drive Select thing. Sounds really neat but I wasn't sure if I'd use it enough to make the added cost worth it. Not sure. Glad to know you're using yours frequently though. I'll have to think about it some more. I was hearing everything from 4 weeks to 4 months from folks at the dealership, so I e-mailed the Euro Delivery folks directly and they gave me the 3-4 month timeframe, so I guess I'll just be patient

I'm not sure if I'm going to do 2 or 3 weeks there, so I might have to pay for extra insurance anyhow, which isn't a huge deal.
With Sport Diff you get everything full ADS has except adjustable suspension dampening and steering ratio changes - for 3K less
Old 08-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
With Sport Diff you get everything full ADS has except adjustable suspension dampening and steering ratio changes - for 3K less
Or to put that another way: For $3k, you get adjustable suspension dampening and variable steering ratio.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NowIsGood
Or to put that another way: For $3k, you get adjustable suspension dampening and variable steering ratio.
+1... My car is not here yet, but my Fathers's S5 has drive select and it is truly great. I was on the fence until I drove his car on a 500 mile road trip. Very much worth the sheckles in my opinion.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmm maybe I'll splurge for it...
Old 08-27-2010, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice video. Is there any financial reason to do ED with the S4? I did one with my 335i, which saved me a bundle since BMW offers a discount from _invoice_ pricing, not MSRP. My local dealer told me that they would at least match the Audi ED discount at 5%, and probably beat it. So adding in the cost of the airfare, it just doesn't seem worth it unless you really want the European vacation.

Am I incorrect in these statements?

Quick Reply: S4 Order and Euro Delivery